I'm New, Opinions Wanted

DiB
10+ year member

Meber
San Diego
Hello, I'm new to the realm of car audio and this forum. I'm getting some things installed in my car tomarrow. I would very much appreciate some feedback good or bad about any aspect in order to gain a better understanding of various things. The only only thing I'm wondering about is if I should have done the sound deadening thing.

Car: 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis

Speakers:

Eclipse SP8972

Eclipse SP8992

2x Eclipse SW8122DVC

Amps:

Eclipse PA5422

Eclipse DA7232

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9815

Cap: Scosche 1F

The hardware I just listed cost me $3,150

I'm an audiophile for home but this is my first delve into car audio. Time for bed now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd suggest you take a look into investing some cash into deadening if you drive around a lot. Although your car isn't noisey, lowering the noise floor through mass loading doesn't hurt (other than gas).

Well, I spent this weekend driving a lot in my car and it sounds incredible and has a nice boom factor when desired. I have one problem now though! When I want to crank a song with lots of bass while I'm driving on the freeway. When it starts booming a lot my trunk pops open! Any ideas on what to do?

It looks like I need a new latch. I'm going to go to the mercury dealer but is there a 3rd party latch I can buy?

Originally posted by DiB Hello, I'm new to the realm of car audio and this forum. I'm getting some things installed in my car tomarrow. I would very much appreciate some feedback good or bad about any aspect in order to gain a better understanding of various things. The only only thing I'm wondering about is if I should have done the sound deadening thing.

Car: 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis

Speakers:

Eclipse SP8972

Eclipse SP8992

2x Eclipse SW8122DVC

Amps:

Eclipse PA5422

Eclipse DA7232

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9815

Cap: Scosche 1F
cool im gonna go for all eclipse setup too.. same amps except im getting the Titanium subs and components in the front+back =)

spending less than $2000!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.