I'm inFInitely Baffled.

James, from the look of your photo, you used too much RAGE, was that all you had available when making them, dont you think kitty hair would have been a more viable filler for making those contours then skin it with the rage

are those tweeters SB acoutics or Vifa, how do they sound??

yeah i painted mine, but i not happy with the look so i dicided to try to cardon fiber them, which i dont think it will be as hard to do.

James, from the look of your photo, you used too much RAGE, was that all you had available when making them, dont you think kitty hair would have been a more viable filler for making those contours then skin it with the rage
I didn't have time to order anything, so I used what I had on hand. The mold was already pretty smooth and didn't need any big gaps to be filled, so rage worked well. It's not like Tweets have major violent bass air anyways.

The second coat will probably go on next weekend.

are those tweeters SB acoutics or Vifa, how do they sound??
yeah i painted mine, but i not happy with the look so i dicided to try to cardon fiber them, which i dont think it will be as hard to do.
Peerless HDS tweets. sound great. smooth and detailed

you still running the peerless or did throw the id8s back in?
^^^

thanks. That was actually my first time molding anything to a-pillars. Large format tweets made it a hard first time, but it wasn't that bad...
I just have to decide if I'm gonna wrap it or paint it. Wrapping them looks like it'll be a major PITA, though.
if you wrap its going to need a stitch or seam around the edge of the baffle and maybe a wrinkle up the top middle edge of the tweeter...

better or worse than the horns. give me a straight up answer. i cant do pillars because i have airbags in there.

if you wrap its going to need a stitch or seam around the edge of the baffle and maybe a wrinkle up the top middle edge of the tweeter...

better or worse than the horns. give me a straight up answer. i cant do pillars because i have airbags in there.
I would have to say better. These seem to be just as sensitive (could be position), and the tonality is on par with no EQing done yet. Stage height is constantly above the dash now, midway up the windshield. I had okay height w/ the horns, but it was would depend on the song i'm playing... it never stayed put. It could be that I didn't put as much time as I could've for the horns to get them higher. I haven't tried mini-bodies, but I think the full bodies might've not matched my car well, because i had some L/R separation problems, which seem to be gone now.

The only downside about these are that they are huge and having them in sight right smack dab in front of me causes a psychoacoustic effect for them to be localized.

best HD pic evar

IMG00251.jpg

You a-holes probably won't click this thread, but i'll post anyways, cuz i'm cool like that

Primer

IMG00268.jpg

IMG00270.jpg

IMG00269.jpg

IMG00271.jpg

comments and suggestions are welcomed, but I probably won't care

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

James Bang

5,000+ posts
Hand/Ear Coordination
James Bang
^
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date