I'm gonna regret asking this but...

brady-lamb-ctfb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alrighty... so someone might have already asked this but i couldnt find anything about it.. and dial-up makes it hard to do ne thing...

any way

I have been looking at getting a new sub and wiring it at 4 ohms because i dont want to buy a new alternator yet and im usin a Ia40.1 and i got it set to 1265 watts at 4 ohms so it's decent till i decide to buy a new alt

ne way i was lookin at gettin a RE MX but i really want to get the RE XXX... but i got a little confused when i was thinking if either of them would be louder than the other... they would both be getting 1265 watts at 4 ohms

so at the same watts would a bigger sub be louder than a lower one.. the rated rms's of the subs is only 500 watts difference

i was wondering if because the XXX has a larger rms would the coil be stiffer than the MX because the Mx would be closer to its actuall rms then the XXX?? And then the MX would be louder or if the XXX would be louder or if i was just completely wrong and it would pretty much the same and i wouldnt tell a difference

if ya know the answer plz let me know and if u know if this has already been talked about and figured out a link would appreciated and im sure if this is a stupid question i'll hear about it lol

thanks guys!!

Thanks for puttin it in a ... nice way lol

but yea well i been in and learnin for 2 and a half years so i dont got that much expierence but i know wut im doin i mean i better if im planin on makin my own box tuned to 32 hz that will let me push the 18" btl in my room up so i can fit it in my trunk im doin a big a$$ cut out of the trunk wall so i can get ne thing back there and crap but i was just curious about this so sry if i waisted ur time but sayin im an idiot and uses stuff i shouldnt be usin isnt really helpin but thanks ne way

id go with the xxx and once ya upgrade your alt, bridge the amp down for more powermx is a good sub i got one in a 32 hz box and it is loud
bridge? isnt it a mono block?

OP, why dont you find a dual 2 sub that can handle 3-4k watts (or two 2ohm subs that handle 1500-2000/piece) then you can wire it to 4ohms till you get a better alt. after that you wire it to 1ohm and youre set

Well see the thing is i just want a louder sub for right now... im not woring about upgradin cuz if ya saw my sig i got a 18" fully loaded dual 1 ohm blt that ill be strappin to the MONO BLOCK Ia 40.1 and wiring it to .5 ohms and givin it about 4k maybe a lil more... im just lookin for a good sub for now that will hit hard and sound good but the price difference between the two aint ne problem i just want to know which of the two will be loudest if either at 1265 watts

With the same exact install, amp, etc. The XXX would be louder I would say because its a beefier and more SPL based sub. Correct me if Im wrong.

Save yourself some trouble and just go with a decent SQ setup. Regardless you'll just end up doing that 10 years from now when you're much more experienced //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well see the thing is i just want a louder sub for right now... im not woring about upgradin cuz if ya saw my sig i got a 18" fully loaded dual 1 ohm blt that ill be strappin to the MONO BLOCK Ia 40.1 and wiring it to .5 ohms and givin it about 4k maybe a lil more... im just lookin for a good sub for now that will hit hard and sound good but the price difference between the two aint ne problem i just want to know which of the two will be loudest if either at 1265 watts
Upgrading your ALT will likely be cheaper than buying either of those subs. Might as well get that out of the way and reach your goal sooner.

well here it is again cuz i dont think ya guys understand

I have a Ia 40.1 in my car right now... It is set to put out 1265 watts at 4 ohms... i have 2 kicker l5's rite now doin exactly that.... i want to either get a XXX or MX and switch it wit the L5's so given the same conditions ..... WHICH SUB WOULD BE LOUDER... the XXX or MX.... and dont go talkin about 10 years down the road cuz this will prolly just be a 6 month to year set up.... because within the next year im goin to buy a 300-400 amp alternator from Iragii and will then be installing the 18" fully loaded dual 1 ohm Fi BTL in my room that i already have.....

so ill say it again... Under the same conditions at 4 ohms with 1265 watts would the XXX or MX be louder.... would the coil stiffness of the XXX make it not as loud as the MX because the MX would be close to its actual rms??????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.