I'm a ******* and fucked up can you help?

So I got a new battery for my jeep and forgot to secure it. It slid off the tray and was sitting on the exhaust manifold. So it melted a couple of holes in the case. I was thinking of trying to epoxy a couple of patches over the holes and refill the fluid. Has anyone ever tried anything like that?
Uh...no....

Well I used some plastiweld 2 part epoxy, been holding strong for 2 weeks now. I am not really concerned at all, like I said you guys maybe need to do a little research on how batteries work. I figure the worst case scenario here is that the epoxy didn't adhere well and it falls out, but I think it is good and solid.

0126131620a.jpg

Let the flaming begin.

Well I used some plastiweld 2 part epoxy, been holding strong for 2 weeks now. I am not really concerned at all, like I said you guys maybe need to do a little research on how batteries work. I figure the worst case scenario here as that the epoxy didn't adhere well and it falls out, but I think it is good and solid.
0126131620a.jpg

Let the flaming begin.
How dare you anger the Lead Acid gods! Karma will flame you sir, and it will flame you good.

On a lighter note, I'm glad to see the plastiweld worked for you. Resourceful Nebraskans UNITE!!!

That suburban is long gone, it's in a rusty pos jeep cherokee sitting on 35's, nothing really to leak on if it does leak.

Or the premixed electrolyte solution sold at most major auto parts stores.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.