I'm a ******* and fucked up can you help?

The battery seems to be working fine, not sure how with 2 holes in it.

0114131623.jpg

Well after taking the batt out it just has 2 small holes where it actually went all the way through the case, maybe 1/8" if that. Wonder if I can just melt some sort of plastic into the holes?

Plasti-weld that bish. If it's not into the case you may be able to get away with using that stuff. I used it primarily for atv/motorcycle plastics but it may work for a batt depeding on the composition of the case. Or just blame O'reilly's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Also...GO SKERS! Nice to see another local on here.

hell no dont use that battery.. LOL are you serious? chalk it up. its not worth dieing for :p
Why? If the plates aren't compromised, I can get the case sealed and refill the water what would the harm be? Batteries aren't magic and it's not a lipo or something fancy.

Why? If the plates aren't compromised, I can get the case sealed and refill the water what would the harm be? Batteries aren't magic and it's not a lipo or something fancy.
you have NO idea how much is left till you get the the center of the tootsi pop bro , lol it could be 3 thousands of an inch you have no idea.. 3 thousandths is the diameter of 1 strand of your hair from your head... id get a new battery dude. dont risk that ****. batteries can blow up dude. and thats not some simple solution you can wash off your hands man. i wouldnt take a chance. you can find places that sell batteries that they have refurbished that offer the exact same dependability as a brand new battery and they come along with the full 2 year warranties and 3 year pro rated warranty. for almost half the price.. theres a few places by my house that offer that.

You kiddin bro? Chalk it up as a learning experience, before you chalk your car or worse up to that.

if you want a real opinion take it to a few autoshops, if its really not THAT bad as your making it seem, but saying you can just refill it and everything.. you kind of contradicting yourself. id take it get it looked at by a professional that picture doesnt show much and i wouldnt put to much stress on that battery at all, untill yu find out for sure its ok or if youll need to get a new one.

Or **** it and melt some hot glue over the holes. Refill with water, crush some aspirin in the empty holes. Then you can wonder and worry daily until the **** thing finally quits, pops, shorts out all of your electrical, (if you have a sweet amp, I'll hold on to it til battery pops) ehh glue it.

Actually batteries do not explode, the hydrogen gas that is emitted as part of the charging process is what can explode. If you threw a battery on the ground and busted the case wide open it wouldn't really do anything but what the sulfuric acid itself does. I'm guessing a lot of the horror stories are from improper charging or electrical systems. If it both of those holes would have been as big as I originally thought I would not have tried to fix it, but since there is very little compromise to the outer case I will give it a shot. Probably try some two part epoxy, it should chemically adhere to the plastic case a little. I'm not really out anything if it doesn't work, the battery will still be bad if it doesn't work.

I was a professional, I've dealt with batteries a lot.

Actually batteries do not explode, the hydrogen gas that is emitted as part of the charging process is what can explode. If you threw a battery on the ground and busted the case wide open it wouldn't really do anything but what the sulfuric acid itself does. I'm guessing a lot of the horror stories are from improper charging or electrical systems. If it both of those holes would have been as big as I originally thought I would not have tried to fix it, but since there is very little compromise to the outer case I will give it a shot. Probably try some two part epoxy, it should chemically adhere to the plastic case a little. I'm not really out anything if it doesn't work, the battery will still be bad if it doesn't work.
I was a professional, I've dealt with batteries a lot.
Just replace it you cheap sonofabitch. I can't beleive your actually trying to fix it.

If you try and fix it and it fails you risk ******* the whole car. Say goodbye to your stereo too.

Go to walmart and get a fuc king battery.

Arg, people are not this stupid!!

It was like $150 from Crapreilly's. Not an expensive CA battery but not cheap non the less.

I believe I'm going to just say all you guys are wrong and do what I want anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Isn't that what most posts are about? Someone to tell people their bad idea is okay.
Super Start Extreme? You just wrecked a Deka...

Yes it was a super start extreme. Pretty sure it's going to be fine.

Some of you guys really don't understand how a battery works, try google. I would like someone to explain what could go wrong, exactly, not "It's gonna plode!"

I would use this battery broken in have with most of the lead showing before I used a walmart battery. Of course they were always good for business because they always caused all kinds of problems with people's boats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.