Illusion Audio?? and Focal 6.5

The new illusion speakers are warm sounding speakers.They are made by Peerless of India.

Don't waste your money on CDT.

Your diamond can sound very good with a processor.

Are your doors deaden?

Placement, aiming, is very important to making any speaker sound great.
By your logic CDT has every reason to be included with the other brands you mentioned. Installation technique and tuning needs to be addressed for any system to sound as good as it can. Brand name should be secondary to desired performance, but some brands come with better manufacturer support than others.

^^^

You really think CDT Audio should be mentioned as in likes of

1) Focal

2) hybrid

3) Morel

4) Seas

5) Scan speak

6) Rainbow

7) PHD

Etc.... ?

CDT> Peerless drivers

I have own the ES line which has , not great but good upper midrange.

The midbass lacks, which you can't add with a processor.

I see on CDT website that there newer mids seem to have better specs.

The tweeters Are very harsh even compared to Focal or the old MB Quarts

Yes I would agree that install, aiming, & tuning is the most important thing.

I had the Diamond Hex and hated how they sounded. Same as the Massive's I just replaced. Neither had a smooth tweeter, always harsh, no mid bass. The best sounding ones I have ran has been Boston Pro60's and the current Hertz I'm running

I had the Diamond Hex and hated how they sounded. Same as the Massive's I just replaced. Neither had a smooth tweeter, always harsh, no mid bass. The best sounding ones I have ran has been Boston Pro60's and the current Hertz I'm running
OP I am selling a set of the Original Eton made diamond audio HEX's if your interested...

Did you ever pull the trigger on the illusion speakers? I just installed a set of their top of the line Carbon C6 components in a 05 Subaru Legacy. We where going to initially install Arc Audio flagship Black series 2 way components, but due to size issues in the door and not much feedback on the sound quality... we decided to try slim Illusion Audio. Im please to stay, these components are really awesome. great detail from the tweeters, accurate mid bass and handles power nicely. but then again, you get what you pay for...@ $1k retail it pretty steep for some on a budget install. I would put these up against components costing twice or several time over it price. Their entry level( Electra) is like other companies mid level speakers.They start at $299 for the 6.5 components, but sounds better then others that are in that price range.

This is what the carbon C6 $999 look like

20130320_212705_zps6a09a240.jpg

20130320_212642_zps710b4345.jpg
20130320_212811_zpsc4e681d4.jpg

20130320_212849_zps86fd3d86.jpg

These are the Electra E6 components $299

20130314_031523_zps45e7fe11.jpg

20130313_145454_zpse66a26d5.jpg

I had a set of the PHD 6.5 pro's installed in my 2012 Galant and absolutely am blown away with their performance. The tweets sound amazingly true to life with no harshness at all and the Mids are absolutely the best that I have heard. I have heard the focals and the Illusions and still pick the PHD's. give them a try and see if you're not as impressed as I am.

hi. here is the info that you requested. the shops name is "Drive Customs" #805-541-4455 Car Audio, Video, & Restyling | Drive Customs. the owners name is Jay and he will be more than glad to assistyou in anyway that he can. He takes his business very serious. he is located in San Luis Obispo, Ca. He handles the Illusion and Focal lines not to mention he is extremely knowledgeable about anything to do with stereo equipment and installs.

I also don't judge how speaker sound in a sound board. Ive heard $300 speakers sound as good as $1,000 speakers. I like to have people listen to the equipment in a build Ive completed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BlueMagic12

10+ year member
BlueMagic12
DC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from