If my box is tuned to 42 can I set my ssf to 32?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Type of Enclosure: Vented

Enclosure Sub Size: Dual 10"

Dimensions in Inches: 14.25" L x 32" W x 12 H"

Top and Bottom Depth: 14.25"

Mounting Depth: up to 15" (enough depth for any sub on the market)

Port Dimensions: 2" x 18.5" x 10.5"

Gross Volume Per Sub (Measurement for the outer dimensions of the box): 1.61 Cubic Feet. (2) Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10. I'm planning on running the amp at 1 ohm. Amp is MB Quart DA1-1800.1 RMS Power @ 4 ohms250 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 2 ohms500 watts x 1 channels

RMS Power @ 1 ohm1000 watts x 1 channels , my set up is being delivered but don't want to blow it as soon as I get it

That would be a decent starting point. Go easy on things as you feel out the limitations and keep an eye on the excursion as you play various music.
this

really depends on your power and how well your enclosure loads OP. start there and if you hear no bottoming even on low songs just slowly lower it but i would never go below 25 and that is REALLY pushing it unless you have very little power going to the sub.

This is one good thing about being sealed. SS is 0. Big *** box lowers F3 so I get lows. More lows then the ported hammer at 32hz.

But it limits power handling which I'm fine with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.