if i only had a amp hooked up to my front speakers how would it sound???

justchillin
10+ year member

DC Metro
i have a pair of kappas (6.5) in my front doors and some xplods in in the rear (they actually sound pretty good)...anyways i remember reading somewhere that some people don't even run rear speakers so now that i'm looking for an amp i was wondering if it would work ok to just get a 2 channel amp for my kappas and just run the xplods off my head unit or if i need to replace my rear speakers and get a 4-channel amp???

i can't really afford to get new rear speakers and a amp cause i also need a sub and a amp and a hu too..

thanks...

go for it, you want most of the sound to coem from teh front stage anyways, grab a 2 channel, run it off the front RCA pair and it will sound tons better than what it is now..

i have some kicker kaladex 5.25's for my front and rear speakers and they sound great but for the most part you cant even hear the ones in the rear unless you have a really small car the front ones will be giving you most your sound so to save money it prolly wouldnt be a bad idea to just go with a small amp to power your front speakers....

Roberto

yeah man it wouldn't hurt anything to hook up just the fronts to an amp.......like everybody else has already said...the back speakers are worthless unless you do some major spending.......the only other thing i would recomend would be some tweets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.