idq 12 IB pwns infinity ref 10...... 56k warning 1.5Mb of pics

Participant count
  • Participant list

~Magick_Man~
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
bedford,Tx
i recently purchased an idq 12 for my mom since the infinity ref 10 just wasnt getting it done and she wanted her trunk space back.

even though she has a 96 SS Impala with a huge trunk the 1 cuft ported box was too big for her taste so change was needed.

i got it installed today and i love it, i like my 16k better but i have a bigger sub and more power so no real contest between them.

the only problem is that we need to replace the monster full size spare tire with a smaller thinner one so it will fit.

onto the pics...

first is a sexy ass camaro that was nextdoor when we were working.

oi6bcz.jpg

picture of the rear deck showing the hole the previous owner put in it.

oi6eyv.jpg

got the baffle thrown up in the opening along with some deadening.

oi6fbb.jpg

again.

oi6fz4.jpg

view from the trunk.

oi6g5e.jpg

amp rack with 2 sony amps

oi6hk9.jpg

the trunk with wiring re-done

oi6hyr.jpg

more

oi6iio.jpg

SS, yummy. even if it is dirty as hell

oi6ipj.jpg

corner shot.

oi6mia.jpg

i didnt get any more outside pics because it is really dirty and needs to be re-tinted on the rear mirrors.

so for the $60 i paid for the sub and a couple hours work i feel the stereo was improved guite a bit.

~Magick_Man~

Nice..

Say are the 6x9's hooked up?

How do they do with the sub in the same air space?

Oh check this site out I think they may have a few things you could use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

http://cableorganizer.com/

Peace Troy

yeah the 6x9s are hooked up

and as far as i can tell the sub isnt affecting them in any way.

we might be replacing them with some others, probably the new kappas that have the glass/fiber cone, these ones in there now are warping around the edges from being baked in the texas sun.

and as far as cable management, that is about as good as we can get it.

the amp rack can not be unbolted without spending like an hour trying to get the bolt back through the hole so all the wires behind the rack will stay that way until we have a good reason to remove the rack.

i might be giving her my directed amp to replace the two sony amps she has now so i can upgrade to the 1200/5

~Magick_Man~

I've always wanted an IDQ IB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

that is one huge ass rear deck.

i cant even fit 8" in mine, and you got a 12" with some room to spare.

ive got a single 12" idq right now waiting to be installed IB behind the rear seat (im copying req), id love to have 2 though, so thats why i havent done it yet.

looks good though. where did you find an IDQ for 60$?!?

I've always wanted an IDQ IB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

where did you find an IDQ for 60$?!?
on ebay, and it way 53 including shipping.

the baffle for the sub is 13" and it is a press fit between the wall and the torsion bars.

and with the cutout it seems that it was made for this sub.

and while this is nice i still like mine better 15>12 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i will try to get a picture of the deck with the covers put back on, there is a grill that the previous owner probably made himself and it looks pretty good.

the colors dont match exactly but it looks like it could have come from the factory with it

~Magick_Man~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.