IDMAX Perfect box??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Primetime
10+ year member

Senior Hoopster
Tx
I am changine from sealed to ported.. I can read the web site and what they recommend, but I wanna know from all of you. what is the best sized ported box for a 12" IDMAX d4 v3? and what should I tune it at?

D

a) not ported.

b) 1.2 cubic worked BEST for me for very acurate yet very "punchy" bass.

again i will re-enforce.. do NOT port these subs.. sound quality drops dramatically.

but, maybe he wants it louder. just port it and tune it real low for better sound quality. it won't be up to par with the sealed...but it will still sound good and be a hell of a lot louder. I'd go with 25-30hz! peace

NG

Originally posted by v8s10 a) not ported.

b) 1.2 cubic worked BEST for me for very acurate yet very "punchy" bass.

again i will re-enforce.. do NOT port these subs.. sound quality drops dramatically.
Have you heard one ported? The box I have now is a little bit bigger than you recommended.. it hits hard, but I guess I want it to be louder. But at the same time I dont want it to sound like crap... geeeesh, might change my mind now that you say it will dramatically drop the sound quality

D

Originally posted by Primetime Have you heard one ported? The box I have now is a little bit bigger than you recommended.. it hits hard, but I guess I want it to be louder. But at the same time I dont want it to sound like crap... geeeesh, might change my mind now that you say it will dramatically drop the sound quality

D
How loud are we talking about? I'm thinking of getting an IDMAX v.3 in a 1.5 sealed box.

Is it not loud at all...?

Originally posted by TheGrimReaperKD How loud are we talking about? I'm thinking of getting an IDMAX v.3 in a 1.5 sealed box.

Is it not loud at all...?
Its crisp, clear, pounds, vibrant, but not all that loud..

Originally posted by Primetime Its crisp, clear, pounds, vibrant, but not all that loud..
I noticed on your signature, you have a amp giving the idmax what, 700 watts? Isn't the RMS 1000? I'm sure If I found a 1200 watt amp, it would be loud..

Originally posted by TheGrimReaperKD I noticed on your signature, you have a amp giving the idmax what, 700 watts? Isn't the RMS 1000? I'm sure If I found a 1200 watt amp, it would be loud..

The box is about 1.6 cubft. ---a little bit large for it--- The 700 watts is more than enough it reaches full excursion as it is. On another board an ID Tech says 2.75 cubft ported tuned to 30hz will make my teeth rattle -- I like the sound of teeth rattleing-- Now I gotta find the space for them.

D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.