Ideas for new install - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition !

2410835438.226059030.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

the one i was going to look at got sold. so im looking at another..

Finally, another WJ owner on here!!!

If you go with the HID kit, make sure you do a true retrofit into the stock housings or, as mentioned before, get those lights off ebay and throw some HIDs in them. From my experience with them (had them on my grand for about a year), they look pretty cool and the halo rings are cool, but the light output ***** ars. Mine looked like I had 3 head lights, it concentrated the light to the far left, dead center, and far right. But with HIDs, it might not be as bad.

As far as the system goes, i would suggest a nice component set up front, with plenty of power, and a nice sub stage. I threw some decent coaxils in the rear doors because i carry alot of people around with me, but most of the time they are turned off vie the HU.

Heres some pics that might get ur brain turnin on the install. (copied from previous thread)

what i did have

IMG_0272.jpg

blank slate

IMG_0426.jpg

The new box. 4.5 cuft tuned to 32 hz. Very fun to make.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

I like silicone

IMG_0424.jpg

Notice the 4" pvc waiting to be used

IMG_0425.jpg

The box was very time consuming to make. I wanted to save as much cargo area as possible to I used every bit of space possible to readhewd my desired 4.5 cuft. The 'wings of the box extend over the wheel wells and it fits snuggly against the rear seat.

IMG_0429.jpg

Ummm...

IMG_0428.jpg

General layout

IMG_0451.jpg

Sub amp beauty plate almost complete.

IMG_0449.jpg

I inset the cargo cover to give it that fluch look

IMG_0452.jpg

A little ghetto way to install an amp, but couldnt think of anything else.

IMG_0453.jpg

Ports in

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

LED's mounted behind a piece of plexi, frosted. Looks better in person.

IMG_0483.jpg

Sub amp beauty plate covered

IMG_0488.jpg

I did a lot between pics, but this is how it turned out.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

The whole thing was designed to keep the cargo cover functional. Stealth.

IMG_0533.jpg

Here's the back. The hinges are there to secure my box down, as well as to allow me to tilt my box back and access the spare tire in the floor.

IMG_0535.jpg

box lifted

IMG_0536.jpg

box lifted and spare showing. worked really well.

IMG_0537.jpg

Alpine PXA-H510 processor mounted under the rear seats, along with the madness of wires.

IMG_0538.jpg

And my favorite part of my car, 90watt strobe lights mounted on each corner of the car. (this is the control box for them mounted under the rear seats as well).

IMG_0539.jpg

Rainbow SLC-265 tweets on the a-pillars.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

mids in doors.

IMG_0549.jpg

Alpine CDA-9857 with iPod.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

H510 control temp mounted with velcro, waiting on flush mount trim piece to arrive along with a new remote for the HU. Those things don't hold up well when you run over them.

IMG_0548.jpg

and i am running some 90w strobes, those things are fun as hell at night. i have hit the emergency lane plenty of times with those on in stand still traffic.

*****And i do have a set of those headlights with the angel eyes for sale. theyre the chrome version, this sytle, in excelent shape (like new). $60 plus shippin if ur interested, pm me and ill get u some pics if u want.

seriously... Hats off to you sir.

1) ultra clean install

2) hinged for the spare? classy..

3) choice of equipment... nice.

probably the best GC ive seen in years. i hope one day mine might be as nice. im saving those pix for ideaS WHEN insurance finally writes me my **** check.

spud, i see you have those little jumpers in ur subs. I can see in the pic when you have the 2 subs on the floor. Well, I have the same subs and I am running them both at 1 ohm and I am not using the jumpers. Thats what your supposed to do right?

spud, i see you have those little jumpers in ur subs. I can see in the pic when you have the 2 subs on the floor. Well, I have the same subs and I am running them both at 1 ohm and I am not using the jumpers. Thats what your supposed to do right?
im not sure really. i think alpine threw them in there so you wouldnt have to use wires to do the same thing. not sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.