Box ideas 2 10” Resilient Sounds BMW E46 convertible

Participant count
  • Participants list

E46_droptop06

CarAudio.com Newbie
Been out of the audio game for a while. Have built boxes and enclosures before so not new just rusty. Also for build in a convertible.

Have 2 Resilient Sounds gold 10s and trying to figure out the best orientation for a ported box firing through the ski pass. Still want to be able to see the subs(seats do not fold down). My thinking is top loaded with port through the pass between the rear seats.

Specs directly from RS website
Rated 1,000RMS
2.5 inch Voice Coil
Spacers for adding cooling, and more throw.
Shortening Ring.
FEA optimized triple stack motor

SPECS

SPL: 82.7 dB
FMS: 38.9 Hz
BL: 32.4
Res: 131.5
Re: 8.0
Qms: 5.27
Qes: 0.48
Qts: 0.44
Rms: 11.9
Cms: 0.07
Mms: 256.5 gr
Nref: 0.12%
VAS: 9.9 L
Rp: 82.9
Lp: 68. mH
Cp: 304.7 uF
Le: 6.45 mH
Xmax: 25

BOX HEALTHY RECOMMENDATION
Every vehicles applications, equipment, tuning, wiring, ext all play a factor in making sure your woofers are playing clean signals to avoid any clipping. Our products have the reputation of taking some of the most abuse in the industry for its given power rating, but to ensure the longevity using the right air space and scoping for a clean signal will be sure to have a lasting daily resilient subwoofer.

Suggested Healthy spec range.
Rule of thumb lean towards smaller enclousre if clamping @ or more than conservative power. Lean towards bigger enclosure clamping below conservative power

Ported enclosure
1.25ft-1.75ft tuned @35hertz with 12-16sqaure inch of port area per cubic foot.

CUTOUT 9.3"

I am completely open for any suggestions or recommendations. Will be running the subs on a D4S JP23

My thinking is top loaded with port through the pass between the rear seats.
It will probably sound good. I have heard systems with subs facing back, port firing up through a hole on the rear shelf. It is the same concept as yours, so I see no reason why it should not work.
I would consider facing the subs to the back of the car.

I would consider facing the subs to the back of the car.

Normally that is the configuration I’d go for sub/port toward the back of the car. Only reason I’m looking at subs up port through ski pass I figured being a convertible I’m going to lose some through the top especially when down. Thought firing directly into the cabin through the port may help with that.

In a convertible cabin gain losses are the issue, personally I always try for a 4th if the space is available.
Its nice to have a skipass available too. Those gold 10's should be able to work well in a 4th in around 4.5ft3 gross. That's pretty small for 2 10s in a 4th btw. The sizing may be able to be reduced somewhat as well.

In a convertible cabin gain losses are the issue, personally I always try for a 4th if the space is available.
Its nice to have a skipass available too. Those gold 10's should be able to work well in a 4th in around 4.5ft3 gross. That's pretty small for 2 10s in a 4th btw. The sizing may be able to be reduced somewhat as well.

Thanks Shedder, I had though about 4th when I first started thinking about everything, even before I ordered the subs. Really still in the very early planning stages. Subs are literally the first piece I’ve purchased so far. I have the rest planned out, just a matter of ordering here and there on paydays. Figured I could start planning and building the box while waiting for the rest to arrive. I’ll revisit 4th order and will be posting a build thread when I get it going.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...