Ideas for new install - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition !

JustStoppingBy
10+ year member

"DoingStuffWell" of 2005
USF
Rotalled my montero and insurance is dicking with me on the $$$ wrecked value.

Looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 with only 22,000 miles on it. Real cheap like 18k with part of the warranty remaining. Heres what im working with..

1.5 DIN in dash but I think the dash kits only throw a 1 DIN hole...

6.5 speakers front and back doors, with tweeter pods on pillars...

plenty of trunk room so im keeping my RE SE 15 and box for now.

Need advice on the door speakers, indash unit, and maybe some headlight mod options.. i got the Xenons on my montero and i will miss them so.

go for a nice H.I.D. kit i hear they make real nice one's for the jeep . considering i have seen them also nice and bright:D. as for a nice speaker set up i would say run a nice comp set of rainbow's upfront:).

rainbows were my first choice so far..

and i HATE the idiots who buy the HID conversion but dont change the reflectors or do a projector retrofit. I had some BMW 745li lenses in my montero housings and a set of 6k HIDs.. abso fking lutely loved it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif RIP montero.

Yeah man i know right. i have seen way to many people do that also they do it alot here on the blazer's look's so bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

they are kinda so ugly.. but maybe..

PROJECTOR_CHEROKEE_99_BK_AM.jpg

and of course..

Whole-Kit.gif

doors: maybeeee Focals

ad2a_1.JPG

maybe for a HU ? AVIC-n1

3ab5_1.JPG

possibly?

strobes?

the headlight housings run like 200 shipped a pair

and the HID conversions run like 250 shipped for a GOOD pair.

once you drive with HID lighting at night 1 time.. you don't ever wanna drive Halogens again..

lucky man i wish i could run a H.I.D. kit in my car instead of halogens. but i have a 89 lincoln mark vii so yeah would be alot of fabricating i think.

that makes me nervous in my pants.

i do have a second RE se 15 in the mail coming this week.. maybe (2) 15s is the way to go. time for another amp then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i have a grand cherokee. I've had lots of problems with the car and the audio but i still love it. As far as the car goes. Make sure you get the transfer case inspected, as well as the brakes. Also, be very careful when installing the headunit. If it has the infinity stereo system you will have to bypass the front amp. Also the front speakers are 6x9s so take that how you will. You have plenty of room in the trunk for whatever you want. Right now i have a single FI q

brake rotors warp all the time, and the treansfer case thats the NP-232 is usually rock solid, but the "fulltime Awd" one screws up a lot.

ive owned 3 jeeps.. all XJ series tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.