Ideas for multiple 12v outlets/sockets.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TravelingJ

I spend a LOT of time in my truck, and when we are on the road, we need a lot of devices plugged in and charging. I don't like using the dash mounted 12v outlets, as I prefer to have everything hidden behind the dash for cable control. I have the room to mount a solution, but I'm just not sure what the solution is! I need to plug in 6-8 cigarette lighter plugs. I've already run a dedicated fused 4 awg wire to the area, so I have plenty of juice to provide, just not sure what to hook it up to. I'd prefer something I can buy off of amazon, for the ease and speed of shipping.

just buy as many of these as you need, and wire them together, solder is recommended for reliability.

Cigarette Lighter Socket 265-570

you could leave them separate and zip-tied or make amounting plate for them.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

i would be reluctant to put them behind the dash in one location - i would put them where they will be needed to minimize wire runs for a neat appearance. having lots of wires danging is annoying, and if they are hanging down near the gas pedal it's dangerous.

I certainly don't have anything dangling. Right now I have 4 of those wired to a terminal block under my center console. Then the car chargers come out of there, and are routed up and out. One go below the radio for our MiFi, the others go to various parts of the console for her phone/ipad, my phone/ipad, etc. We were just given new company phones, and I found a deal on the iPhone5 car chargers, that was cheaper than getting all new lightening cables. Previously we had 3 of the dual USB chargers under there. Now I need a lot more, and really didn't want a 8 of those, and I can't visualize a plate for that setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.