ideal frequency range for subwoofer?

Trent54
10+ year member

O.K., another question i'm really baffled about. Some subs have a frequency range of 25 hz to 800 or even 1000 hz. But some of the nicer subs I've seen, like Infinity Perfects, only have a range of 25 to 250 hz. Since my mids only go down to 1000 hz, don't I need my subs to go up to 1000? or is that a bad thing????

Thanks in advance,

Trent

listen to lowrider. Frequency range doesnt mean crap when its above 120 hz. YOU might as well just tell everyone that the bass is coming from your trunk. I had an old set of woofers taht i set at a cutoff of 200 hz, did not sound good. Subs were made to play low frequencies, not high(above 150 hz). Just my 2 cents!!!!!!

I usually use 80hz as a typical cutoff for 12's, I tend to use a higher freq such as 120-200 for 8's and 10's. Usually subs sweet spots are lower than 80, in fact mostly around the upper 20's to mid-upper 30's. Which is where you get those huge bursts of bass, that usually bring in the higher SPL numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.