ID CXS vs Polk SR6500

I have a pair of the SRs. With the supplied x-overs and the tweeters in the A-pillars, the sound is overly bright and thin, almost to the point of causing pain. I also owned a pair of CXSs which to this day stand as one of the worst sounding car speakers I've heard in any of my installs. They sounded like mud - veiled, opaque, and undefined. Imagine placing a hand over your mouth and trying to speak, and you'll have the IDs. For an active system, I can recommend the Polks.
hmm my cxs's sound the complete opposite of what your describing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

hmm my cxs's sound the complete opposite of what your describing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I'm glad you like them. I guess someone has to. Is it my turn to laugh?

I'm glad you like them. I guess someone has to. Is it my turn to laugh?
i had to do some EQing (16 band) and loudness to get them perfect.. everyone doesnt have that on their HU's tho

I have the CXS64 set and think they are fantastic. I have 125w to each set and they get very loud and do not distort at all. I listen to everything from White Zombie and Megadeth to Jay-Z and Lil Wayne to Norah Jones and Natalie Merchant to Al Green and Barry White.

They take a lot of beating and sound fantastic to me! It's worth mentioning that the mids are not crossed over. They run full range. The midbass is nice!

My car is having a new Stereo Integrity Mag 12 installed right now. Replacing my two 8W7's. Should pick it up tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to hearing the comps with a different sub.

Best of luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

magliteman

10+ year member
magliteman
Somewhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from