4" 2 way?

Participant count
  • Participant list

05_ZX636
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
I want to glass some speakers into my pillars by the windshield. I looked at the Rainbox KX100 and the SL100 series, ID CTX4, and the CDT CL-4EX. I had some CDT components in last car and sounded pretty good. I have a good bit of room for depth. Any suggestions on the rainbox and ID speakers, or others? Thanks

Or i could do like the rest of the town does, mount about 20 horn tweeters inside my truck, in my grille, and facing out of all the windows. LOL

ok, thanks. I am doing my mounting rings this weekend and double checking the depth I have. May be able to squeeze a 5 1/4" speaker there. How would a set of components sound mounted there? Like mount mid low and the tweeter higher?

woofers ect has bad ass german hand made quart pkc110's in stock for like a ridiculous 99$ these speakers were over 600$ 10 yrs ago. I called my rep at maxxsonics and they said they would still honor the warranty if woofers was an authorized dealer ( but they aren't). I actually still have a set and i swear to god the midbass from them is comparable to a high end 6" midbass woofer in a small sealed box. and they are actually a high power coaxially mounted component with the huge bad ass musicomp x-overs. no one else I know of has ever made a 4" like these ever, the magnet assembly is bigger than most 6.5 components and they will take huge amounts of juice and are bi-ampable.

I ordered 10 pair for my oldschool customers that know what they are from back then and resold them for 250 a pop.

i think i am just going to go ahead and get a set of CDT 4" components with the pro25 tweeter. When i had the 6.5" components they sounded pretty good in my honda, so might as well go with something I know sounds good.

woofers ect has bad ass german hand made quart pkc110's in stock for like a ridiculous 99$ these speakers were over 600$ 10 yrs ago. I called my rep at maxxsonics and they said they would still honor the warranty if woofers was an authorized dealer ( but they aren't). I actually still have a set and i swear to god the midbass from them is comparable to a high end 6" midbass woofer in a small sealed box. and they are actually a high power coaxially mounted component with the huge bad ass musicomp x-overs. no one else I know of has ever made a 4" like these ever, the magnet assembly is bigger than most 6.5 components and they will take huge amounts of juice and are bi-ampable.
I ordered 10 pair for my oldschool customers that know what they are from back then and resold them for 250 a pop.
link to speakers?

i think i am just going to go ahead and get a set of CDT 4" components with the pro25 tweeter. When i had the 6.5" components they sounded pretty good in my honda, so might as well go with something I know sounds good.
I am using a set of the same cdt comps in 6.5" in one of my cars and i am very pleased with they way they sound. The 4" comps should sound excellent as well.

I have the KX 100s. They blend great with my SLCs.

They're in the lower rear part of each door. I have a coupe and they set right about at your ass.

Took me forever to find them, but was well worth the wait.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05_ZX636

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
05_ZX636
alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date