Ice Cooler Sound System for tailgating

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
First I would like to thank all those who helped me find the gear I need to build this, especially @jeffdachef and @popwarhomie.

So this has 4 Pyle PPA6's and 4 Pyle PDBT18 tweeters. I know what some of you are thinking but these things get LOUD and sound nice and clear. For the price of these, Im not sure you can beat them.

This whole thing cost around $230. Here is what all is in it-

GEAR:

4 PPA6 6.5in speakers

4 PDBT18 tweeters

PowerBass ASA 600.4 ( bought from Cwill5, good seller!)

1 AGM 12ah Battery

1 60 quart Igloo cooler.

Voltage Indicator

BUILD:

The build is pretty straight forward. Nothing to complex. The original idea was something that looked like this
On_Lake_Travis.jpg

But, I was told that the sub really wouldnt do much. Im glad I listened. The speakers play it fine.

When I got the amp, I didnt measure it and just figured it would fit in the cooler...wrong. It was about 2in to big. So I was going to cut into the side to make it fit. Just as I was about to do that, I set the amp on the lid and that light bulb in my head went off. It was a perfect fit in the lid. Sits perfectly flush with the lid.

Once the amp was recessed into the lid, it was VERY hard to move it in and out so i made a hatch on hinges that allow the amp to slide out and easy access to the gains and other settings on the amp.

View attachment 26550193

The speakers are pretty simple. Just cut holes in the side ( which FYI this stuff smells like death. I think a rotting pig would smell better) and set the speakers in.

Once all the speakers were in, I ran all the wiring. 4 gauge power wire ( overkill) and 12 gauge speaker wire. Wire a switch to the remote line and wire the amp and LCD to those leads.

Set all the gains and filters and was floored by the sound. It got so loud a neighbor came outside to see what it was. The best part is, im only feeding the whole system

All in all, Im VERY happy with this. It gets loud and will be great for parties, tailgates, and more. I hope to all some leds and maybe another battery. Thanks for the help guys.

View attachment 26550191View attachment 26550192View attachment 26550194

(I hope a non car build log is allowed)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice build - keep that battery charged up. it should last a while if you always recharge it after playing.

i lent my boom box build to a buddy - and he never charged it - and the battery just died so badly from always low charge

glad to see it went smooth - and i like how the amp mounted ! pretty sweet

Yours looks much better than the original idea. Thats to bad the amp wouldn't fit though.

Glad you are happy with the speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

cool deal. if you clean up the wiring and add some perforated dividers you can still use it for storage. a solar panel could be used to recharge the battery while it's sitting outside and turned off. it would fit in the cooler!.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.