I want to know what would I need for a solo-x

Participant count
  • Participant list
Now that it's 2004, I have to ask .. 10", 12", or 18" ?

I assume you're talking about the 18" since you mentioned $600.

Either way, I'd probably get the DVC 2ohm and wire it to 1ohm. Throw a 2500 x 1 @ 1ohm on it ... if it's the 10" or 12".

I'd be tempted to go with a pair of amps if you got the 18". Perhaps something strappable.

You'll most likely need a high output alternator and maybe an extra battery if you wish. Box size (and tuning if applicable) will again depend on power, what you're ultimately looking for out of the driver, and how much space you have to give up.

Thank god I caught this before you got raped by the people who don't think you can daily drive it.

- Steve

Just a regular car battery or a special one, and how much do the high output alernators run? How big of box should I use, I drive my 01 cavalier more then my h2 so i could use the entire trunk space in my cavalier.

Read the tech page on the 18" Solo-X on Kicker's site. Should help you pick out a box size.

Expect to pay anywhere from $250 - $400+ for a custom high output alternator. I'd most likely get Dom to build one for you.

- Steve

I guess hydro electric power is out....j/k

You'll probably have to contact Kicker.

Because of the nature of the sub its application varies

a lot in each install so they help with optimum enclosure design.

solox //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cuddle.gif.bd1b29c179c0482f8313dbd790b74c94.gif solox

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.