CarAudio.com Veteran
Houston,Tx
Like the title says. Here's my setup until I get cash flowin again

Front stage: Polk MMC6500

Rear Stage: Pioneer 6x9 4 way and JBL GTO 427

Substage: Kicker l5's 1 10" and 1 12"

HU: Clairon DXZ955MC

Front and rear amp: Kx600.4

pioneers and jbl's are bridged together.

Sub amp. Hifonics BX605.

I was tryin to play around w/ the HU today but it lets me boost certain hz and take away from others. I'm haven't a clue on how to set it all together. I listen to trance/techno, a little rap, a lil country, and some rock. I just want it to sound good altogether. If someone could steer me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it. Keep in mind its all in a 99 firebird.

Like the title says. Here's my setup until I get cash flowin again
Front stage: Polk MMC6500

Rear Stage: Pioneer 6x9 4 way and JBL GTO 427

Substage: Kicker l5's 1 10" and 1 12"

HU: Clairon DXZ955MC

Front and rear amp: Kx600.4

pioneers and jbl's are bridged together.

Sub amp. Hifonics BX605.

I was tryin to play around w/ the HU today but it lets me boost certain hz and take away from others. I'm haven't a clue on how to set it all together. I listen to trance/techno, a little rap, a lil country, and some rock. I just want it to sound good altogether. If someone could steer me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it. Keep in mind its all in a 99 firebird.

1_1158096118_KILL_Y.jpg

The way firebird's are set up its got 2 sail panel speakers. And 2 speakers in the back of the car were the hatch is. and ya i know i got 2 subs sizes. I'm broke right now.

once you go active, you don't go back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

IMO, it's the only way to go now that I've done it lol.

Alright, I'm starting to get the drift of this active setup. I need to ditch my polk comp x-overs. and my rear speakers. Get new ones or none at all. And spend some time playing electrician.

Pick a sub size too. Rear speakers are subjective in their use.

Active pretty much means you're going to be using all four channels of that amp. Unless you feel like running three amps, I'd scratch the rear speakers altogether, unless you want HU power.

kill the 4" speakers in the back those get drowned out by your subs. up to you if you want to keep your 6x9's in the sails. i personally just run components up front and am using the stock subs in the sails as midbass with a 12" sub for getting those lower notes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.