i want my system noticably louder

cole05

i currently have a 15 in. mtx 9500 in a sledgehammer box ran by an mtx 1501d at 2 ohms. its pretty loud but i want louder. what options do i have. should i get a box profesinaly built or buy another one and put them both in a custom box. and if i get another 9500 should i run 2 amps. also would 2 kicker 15 in. l7's be any louder. im not sure what i should do. fyi i have a 2000 jeep grand chereokee. would a new box be louder than my current.also how do these two subs compare.

yes, its abeast but i want a pure spl deafening set up. how much louder would mine be if get another and how does the 9500 compare to the l7.i mean would adding another sub and amp be way louder. it already set off car alarms but that not enough.

what is bigger and better and not just a waste of money. i have heard of poeple hitting 160 decibles with just a single 10. so how would i get my decibles up that high

why would he sell the 9500? It's an insane sub.

I wouldnt know, never had one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Other then its in the MTX upper line. He said NOTICABLE difference. So I figured 2 15s and more power, better box too.

what is bigger and better and not just a waste of money. i have heard of poeple hitting 160 decibles with just a single 10. so how would i get my decibles up that high

Those people invest thousands of dollars in elecrical upgrades, and sound deadening, and try countless boxes to find just the right one. Also, bear in mind that thats at a competition, during burps, not daily driving setups. I dont think you realize how loud 160 db is.

Honestly if you are having to ask these questions you more then likely wont hit 160db without a fat wallet. Your best bet would be read as much as you can and learn all you can from competetors.

l7 has no sq unless you seal it...and who seals l7's?

9500 has serious potential...get higher power amp and get a ported box ~4.5 cubes tuned to 45 Hz...that will give you a loud sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.