I wanna put 2 15's in a chevy silverado 2D extended cab

I would PM Rusty ( owner of DC ) as you might be able to get internet pricing.. But your in Houston, so probably not ( big city )

I would look at 4 lvl 3 12s .. you could make the box about 7 cf internally, then have another cf or so for port and sub displacement

I also dont have a truck, so Im not to familiar with the size of your cabin.. This is gonna be your call.. Your gonna have to sit in your truck and put the seats back as far as you want for you and the passenger , cuz when the box is in , your obviously not gonna move it

Otherwise if you wanted a little wiggle room.. ,4 or 6 10s would work, maybe 8 8s

The possibilities are endless man

i went to their website. really impressed but ok no blow through haha sorry im all over the place, im new and i live outside houston and i noticed he has no dealers in Texas but i really like his subs. how much is each level and if i went 3 12's or 4'12s with an amp and everything how much would it cost? im not sure i know how to make my own box and i wouldnt wanna mess anything up in the instalation

i went to their website. really impressed but ok no blow through haha sorry im all over the place, im new and i live outside houston and i noticed he has no dealers in Texas but i really like his subs. how much is each level and if i went 3 12's or 4'12s with an amp and everything how much would it cost? im not sure i know how to make my own box and i wouldnt wanna mess anything up in the instalation
under 1500 if you can get the subs internet direct

and yea i might ask around to see what shops might charge.. Your gonna want a good box with bracing, and a good platform, so it can actually be tied down to something, and not sliding all over the place

does he sell them like that? for example could i buy the subs from him. get them shipped here, go to best buy and have them install? Also what amp would i need for 3 or 4 12's?

In your truck arent you able to flip just one of the seats up or just take the one seat out. You could do this and have room for a decent size box for a single 15. Youll probably want to go with sealed or subwoofers that require not much space.

In your truck arent you able to flip just one of the seats up or just take the one seat out. You could do this and have room for a decent size box for a single 15. Youll probably want to go with sealed or subwoofers that require not much space.
this too. but like I said the options are endless but he could easily get 3-4 12s in there with 8 cubic feet

he neeeds to decide if he wants a full enclosure .. Or a half seat.. IMO what you described looks cheesy.. If your gonna put something back there, do it right, and rip the seats out.. He has a 6 foot bed to put **** in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

does he sell them like that? for example could i buy the subs from him. get them shipped here, go to best buy and have them install? Also what amp would i need for 3 or 4 12's?
no Do not bring DC subs to best buy.. Im talking a real car audio shop

have them beuld you a 8 cf enclosure for 4 12s with around 105 inches of port tuned to 34 hz.. Thats my suggestion.. But like I said PM or Email Rusty

im not sure what i want haha. when i started out i thought 2 15's was the best option, and now i learned thanks to hzsogood that 3 12's are the best. Im definitely going with DC and i did email them. Only i couldnt find rusty so i emailed rob@dcaudio. But im pretty sure now the seats are coming out and im going to put 3-4 12's back there. Also what level should i get?

im not sure what i want haha. when i started out i thought 2 15's was the best option, and now i learned thanks to hzsogood that 3 12's are the best. Im definitely going with DC and i did email them. Only i couldnt find rusty so i emailed rob@dcaudio. But im pretty sure now the seats are coming out and im going to put 3-4 12's back there. Also what level should i get?
WEll man, there is no "best" its all how you like it.. I personally would go 4 12s or even 6 10s.. Its original, theres tons of cone area , and you will be insanely loud.. But talk to Rusty and see what he thinks.. I love mine.. And am soon ( hopefully gonna pick up some lvl 4 XLs )

I would get lvl 3s .. If you go any higher your gonna be spending a more on amps, and the bigger the amp, the bigger the current draw, which will mean extra batteries, possibly HO alternator etc etc

For the amp... Im gonna suggest ( probably am jumping on a bandwagon here ) Sundown audio, Audioque, and Crescendo all make 2-3000 watt RMS amps that would be perfect for you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.