Greggk
10+ year member

An ARMY NCO 24/7
ok I have a Rockford Fosgate 800A2 amp.

stats are as follows:

200 x 2 @ 4 ohms

400 x 2 @ 2 ohms

800 x 1 @ 4 ohms

so in my stupid head of mine. i am running a single 10" sub in a ported box. so i would have to get a single 10" sub with dual 2ohm and run it in series correct?

also to run it mono it would be positive into left positive and negative into right negative, correct? and thats how i would be able to achieve the 800x1 correct?

if i am wrong tell me i am a ******* and correct me please. i dont want to order the wrong sub.

If you want to run 1 dvc sub @ 4 ohms then yes you want a d2 wired in series. As far as which terminals to use, it should show above the terminals which to use for bridged operation. Post a pick if you need more confirmation.

ok cool. thats the info i needed. i'm not gonna say what sub im looking at, but most people here will frown upon it, because its not a "boutique" sub.

well my bro-in-law is building my box, and he talked me into his preference, which i have run in the past in 12's, so i decided to go with it again. a Alpine Type R 10" SWR-1023D

its not like i'm doing sound offs with it just trying to enjoy the music more then i could with my 4 factory 6x8's which will be changed out as well

That's cool. Nothing wrong with that amp or sub (Just ignore any of these people on here who think everyone needs to spend a few grand on their CA)

Sounds like you're all set.

thanks guys. i was gonna buy an RE sub or a dd, but for what i needed it was going to be considerably more than the Alpine.

ok cool. thats the info i needed. i'm not gonna say what sub im looking at, but most people here will frown upon it, because its not a "boutique" sub.
Then you're probably over paying for it and it's a piece of ****!

Yes, that is a joke. I think people get upset because so many noobs come on here saying, "omg I heard my friend's type r/kicker/jl and they are the loudest greatest things ever!" So then they get all pissed and show them the boutique subs that are just as good, and likely better, for half the price. Which is pretty common, and personally, I'd rather save up a few extra bucks to get something that I know is built with care and quality in mind, rather than mass-producing the most you can for the moneyz. But, what is obviously most important, is that you've given other woofers a fair listen, and are happy with what you are choosing. And the Type Rs have been proven to be a good "macro" woofer, capable of taking a bit of abuse, and able to sound good in the right installs.

$120 shipped on an alpine in my eyes, isnt too bad.... unless you can tell me what will handle the same rated power, fit in the same size ported box for the same price.

I've seen Alpines ... heard them.. nephew and cousin has them... me i never could get into alpine products for nothing... they are good products

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.