Faulty RCA's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
Just hooked up my door speakers to an amp, & the RCA's i'm using are cutting out the sound on one side everytime I hit a bump, it goes in and out and sometimes causes a static kinda sound, just in and out. I adjust it in the back, and they have to be in like a certain position to work correctly.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem or will I have to buy new RCA's? If so, where should I buy the RCA cable? Is there good and bad RCA cable exactly? Kinda broke at the moment.. so cheaper options are prefered.

how do you know it's the RCA's and not the speaker wire connection at the speaker?

if you own a soldering iron, have soldering skill, and your RCA's are higher quality in that they have removable head shells, you can sometimes fix them.

use this to determine if an RCA is the problem. an X indicates what is bad based on the result of the test.

RCAswap.jpg

I know this because whenever I mess with the RCA's the connection goes in and out as it would when I hit a bump.

I also checked the speaker wire, Honestly I'm kind of afraid it could be the RCA input on the amp, i'm going to use my sub RCA and connect to my door speaker amp.

I actually tried putting in the other RCA I have in and it worked fine, I tried plugging back in the bad RCA's into the amp since I figured it was better than nothing, and when I tried pulling the RCA back out, It ripped out the whole RCA input on the amp, and now even when I use the good RCA's it gives me a high pitched squealing noise from the left side [the same side that the RCA jack got ripped off the amp], posting pics and asking questions in different thread.

Was about to say>>take the plate off of your amp and see if the solder joint came loose from the board and rca connection also???I have had this issue in the past...soldered the joint back together and worked fine for me???

why were you messing with wiring, pulling on it, while it was connected to an amp?

you likely broke the ground connection since you still get signal. ground the RCA shield and see if that helps. if not, have your amp repaired

Whenever I tried to do the grounding the sheild thing (without soldering, just wrapping the wire around the shield and the ground) and for some reason it stopped the feedback noise coming from my sub rather from the front speaker, what do?

Would it make a difference if I try this by soldering?

I really think that you need to check out the rca connection /solder joint on the board of the amp.Im betting it is barely connected/about to come off/bad solder joint connection.If you know how to use a it may cost you almost nothing to repair????? Just solder/flux,and a little of your time.You shouldnt have to add a wire to the rca like that ...you know?????open the amp up see whats going on..doesnt sound like its under warranty if you are willing to solder a wire to the rca???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.