I think Ive done it!

well, i had the pgrm, input the av,vb, and fb. calculate them using jl audio's formula, then just output the req length.. rather easy, i did it in 2 minutes..

I wrote a port length calculator program on my TI-83+ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Okay, no offense to anyone, but why do so many folks feel the need to re-write the same shite? Math is math. Math is just about the only surely constant thing in life... ?

[/rant]

Program: Tuning

: Input "Freq: ",F

: Input "Area: ",A

: Input "Volume: ",V

:

: (((.025251*A*(1.84*10^8)/(V*F^2))-(.823squarerootsignhere(A))STObuttonL

:

: ClrHome

: Disp L

ill see if i can find my TI83+ software and cable, then ill upload it if i find the stuff.

question... whats the cross sectional port area ? depth of the box?

this program will calculate the "L" part of the port correct?

desired tuning frequency is F, type in the frequency you want

the area is A, if your port is 45 square inches, you would enter 45

Volume is box volume in cubic inches. You can type in 2*1728 for a 2 cube box if you dont wanna calculate it and it will still come out correct.

it calculates L, which is port length needed for the tuning frequency, area, and volume you specified before.

but how would you know if you wanted to make it 3inches wide or 4?

lets say you have a box 3/4 mdf all around.

depth of the box 15 inches (internal) would that mean the cross sectional port would be 13? assuming you are leaving 3 inches for port width?

Okay, no offense to anyone, but why do so many folks feel the need to re-write the same shite? Math is math. Math is just about the only surely constant thing in life... ?
[/rant]
re-write? i was excited i got a program that didnt come up with fked up on the length, who **** in your cornflakes? Go talk **** on someone elses thread..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.