I think i made a mistake

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
So I ordered a box from gp (shipping out Monday) I think I made a mistake with making my port in the center of the subs instead of to the right or left. The reason I say this is bc I run 2 12 dual 4 ohm wired down to 1 ohm so parallel/parallel but since the port is the middle the wire connecting both subs would be super long bc it would have to go around the center port. Any ideas how to avoid this when the box comes?

Just tack (glue or screw cable clips, no nails) the wire down through or around the port area. The length is not a factor. The bigger concern is having a wire rattling around. As long as the wire is less than 12.5 miles, you should be fine.
;)

What amp is it? Does it only have 1 Positive and 1 Negative terminal? My box is the same way, terminal on each side so I wire each DVC down to 2ohm to each terminal and then from each terminal out to the amp. My amp has 2 Positive and 2 Negative so wiring each now 2ohm sub to the amp will show 1 ohm. You can wire both subs positives to one terminal and the same for the negative for 1 ohm if you only have one positive and negative.

You don't have to wire the subs together inside the box.

What amp is it? Does it only have 1 Positive and 1 Negative terminal? My box is the same way, terminal on each side so I wire each DVC down to 2ohm to each terminal and then from each terminal out to the amp. My amp has 2 Positive and 2 Negative so wiring each now 2ohm sub to the amp will show 1 ohm. You can wire both subs positives to one terminal and the same for the negative for 1 ohm if you only have one positive and negative.

You don't have to wire the subs together inside the box.
That makes sense bc the amp I have rn has 2 postive and 2 negative but I'm upgrading the amp soon and it only has one postive and one negative

The dual input option on an amplifier is only a convenience item, both positive and negative are combined for their respective connection. ++/-- even if it is labeled as +/- +/- or --/++ or +/-/+ behind the case, it's exactly the same - they're only a single +/- electrically. The wiring of the multiple drivers and voice coils is what determines the impedance. The amplifier is simply the termination point for how the subs are wired up to the amp.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...