I seen 1 ten hit 143.9 db's

MR_LOWRIDER
10+ year member

junior spl'r
CANADA
I went to a little comp lastnight and one 10" eclipse(black model under the alum.)hit 143.9 on the dash with 425 rms and about a 2 cu ft ported box with the sub inverted with tha magnet on the outside,pretty impressive **** I think.So I guess one ten can hit 150 db's with the right variables.

That is a huge difference. It is very hard to get a gain of 3 db, once you have everything set up right. You can do little things here and there, we're talking about Eclipse though, and a 143 is high for a 10", but I don't think 150 is obtainable with that sub.

Very true that sub isn't a real high end slammer but for what it was it did great.I'm just saying if it was a higher excursion sub like a DD 9510 with lets say 1000-2000 rms wouldn't 150db's be not hard to be obtained.The guy who has this set up is my friend and who has the computer program for db testing and drags and he will build me a box for my one twelve that will hit high numbers for sure.

Theoretically it takes a doubling of the cone area, OR a doubling of the power for a 3db increase. So with that being said. A 7db increase is alot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

6.1db's to be exact,so that whould meen if you have a better sub and triple the power it would give you 150db's.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Maybe not for a 15 but for a 10 it would be pretty hard but with the right enviroment sub and power yes could easily be obtained. I have seen DD 10s hit in the mid 150s so its easy just has to take some time and effort. I hit 153 with my 15 cmp and it wasnt the meanest of spl machines but everything was perfect so thats all you have to do is install it right and it can be obtained but by no means is it easy I spent a whole hell of alot of time with my systems and tweake them more every comp so no it cant be done easliy but can be done with effort.

hey Mr. Lowrider by doubling the volume he is meaning double the cone area i assume and that gives you a 3 db gain theoretically like ramos stated earlier. but out of curiousity, you think 150 is easy to get?? how so, at the cone is one thing and yes 150 at the cone can be somewhat easy, but at the dash that is very hard. it takes a lot of power and the right install and sound deadening and other factors also. and what are you wanting to hit?? b/c you say a sony class D amp well those amps don't put out what they say they do, the 1000watt class d didn't hit as hard running at 1000watts as my MA audio running at 4 ohm's which is only 750peak 500 rms. that is just my opinion and input on this though. not trying to start an argument just questions.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Originally posted by bootleg Typicaly 3 dB is like doubling the volume you're putting out.

Technically, but the human brain and ears perceive an 8-10 db as a doubling in total output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not to tell tales out of school or anything, but i helped with an install last fall in a 1995 s-10 reg. cab with a single Audiobahn AW10 (10" compression woofer) on about 750w of juice (audio art 100HC) that pushed out an easy 146. At the time, the state record for a single 10 was 147.3. Close, but no cigar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.