I saw these RE prices.....

Christ, yall ever hear of that "mail" thing? Why are you all fretting about not having a dealer within 3 or 4 hours of you? You're obviously willing to order and have something shipped to you if you were going to go through RE directly. Why not do the same with a dealer?
Christ, use your heads before you make stupid assumptions. You're not "screwed". Just get ahold of RE, ask for a list of dealers in your area and make a few phone calls or e-mails.

Once again, it's not that hard, and it's nothing you're not willing to do if you're willing to call and order from RE.
+1

People are not using their heads on this one. They think that RE is not allowing online sales, which is completely false. They are just stopping direct orders from the company. You don't need a dealer anywhere near you, its called mail order.

+1
People are not using their heads on this one. They think that RE is not allowing online sales, which is completely false. They are just stopping direct orders from the company. You don't need a dealer anywhere near you, its called mail order.
the ONLY problem i see with having a product shipped from an unknown shop, is that if you have a warranty, and they go out of business/shutdown during the warranty period, then what happens with your warranty? you're screwed, unless there's a way around this.

hopefully re change will be for the better...if this new change flops..they could be headed down the same path marathon audio went.....they were a small company making some noise..then they try to go mainstream and jack the prices up and next thing u know...u dont hear from them..the only way u can find out any info on them is in old early 1990 issues od car audio and electronics mags

yea new prices are only when trying to buy direct...went to dealer today and they have the same prices as before for all the other products...so the new prices are only for direct calling...and the dealer said he would ship to people so i guess yall without a local dealer have to get it shipped to ya

What's the chanes Vermont will ever have an RE dealer? cough...I think there's a better chance of coke getting legalized. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ohsnap.gif.17c4c91be09a7a4a3995fb7145adac39.gif

I'd rather have the dealer near me so I can make sure my warrenty disappears like somebody mentioned above.

Id the dealer disappears what makes people think RE won't warranty it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

After all, it is a MANUFACTURERS warranty, not a DEALER warranty.

Logic people...logic.

Id the dealer disappears what makes people think RE won't warranty it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
After all, it is a MANUFACTURERS warranty, not a DEALER warranty.

Logic people...logic.
your asking for to much man....

the ONLY problem i see with having a product shipped from an unknown shop, is that if you have a warranty, and they go out of business/shutdown during the warranty period, then what happens with your warranty? you're screwed, unless there's a way around this.
People take that risk all the time when buying from small companies online. What happens when your little **** direct_order company goes out of buissness (which they very might)? Its happened before, a small company will promise a long warrenty on their products, but when they fail to sell, and go out of buisness, the people that bought them are phcuked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.