I saw these RE prices.....

Well when I go to sell my SE12 I should make out ok do to the price increase. I have to look at the bright side of it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You know I think its funny that all the peeps that use to ride RE's boner as much as they can will soon join the hate train . I for one am laughing b/c I was expecting RE to blow up soon. All the major brands have years of beign in the industry and having reputations world wide over and over again. RE was making their profits off the E crowd now they plan to go full head mainstream they wil sadly be selling direct once again in the future b/c they are to many large players in the game already for them and then they jack up prices to do what compete with the big boys? I think not , they fell on their heads one to many times. So I dont plan on buying RE even though I can getem at good prices. This is all quite amusing so I'll jsut sit back and watchthe fire works .

i'm glad i never joined the RE bandwagon. too much hype for me, plus i could never afford them to begin with. and the only way to order was over the phone...bah.

after hearing all this, i think it's kinda funny cuz they're "selling out" if you will, and alot of people will turn away from RE.

i really couldn't afford them to begin with, and i sure as hell can't now, not that i really considered buying their stuff (except their mids).

lawlers.

but in the very near future, i think people will jump on the adire bandwagon (with the release of the new MKIII brahmas, etc).

just my $.02

i'm glad i never joined the RE bandwagon. too much hype for me, plus i could never afford them to begin with. and the only way to order was over the phone...bah.
after hearing all this, i think it's kinda funny cuz they're "selling out" if you will, and alot of people will turn away from RE.

i really couldn't afford them to begin with, and i sure as hell can't now, not that i really considered buying their stuff (except their mids).

lawlers.

but in the very near future, i think people will jump on the adire bandwagon (with the release of the new MKIII brahmas, etc).

just my $.02
Adire BONER AGAIN, YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

On a serious note, I still want to hear a MkI or II Brahma, forget the MkIII //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Again, talk to their dealers. The pricing is HIGH from the company INTENTIONALLY. Deal with the people they want you to deal with, and you'll get better pricing. There's a reason.

daffy3ao.jpg

applies to this thread too

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Again, talk to their dealers. The pricing is HIGH from the company INTENTIONALLY. Deal with the people they want you to deal with, and you'll get better pricing. There's a reason.
From what I have been told there are no dealers in or around Montgomery, AL so I am basically screwed.

JL and Alpine have been established for years, and even JL is orders of magnitude bigger than RE. JL is successful because of marketing themselves as a high-end company through having their products constantly in high-end installs and celebrities' cars. There's no way RE has 10% of JL's advertising budget (and is unknown beyond the internet), so it's going to be hard to sell $800 woofers to people who don't see RE as a high-end company with any brand value or recognition. Taking market share from JL isn't as simple as just having a superior product.
I dont think RE is expecting to gain the status of JL in a year. They have to start somewhere, first step is to get us to buy through the retail, they are clearly trying to do this. If the retail stores start getting our money rather than RE getting it directly, more retail stores will carry RE products seeing how we are demanding them, and in a few years RE will be available everwhere. I see this as a great thing.

People have tons of money and want to spend it, if the new XXX performs and they set a competitive price through the retailers (which they will), then people will buy them. I hardly think advertising has a huge role in the subwoofer market as you might think.

From what I have been told there are no dealers in or around Montgomery, AL so I am basically screwed.
my closest dealer is about 4 hours away...fok that. Oh well I'll just order a 12 mt for 1 grand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif. What will really piss me off is if they stop carrying parts for the old xxx.

yes but jl had their rep built way b4 the w7...re is jumping the gun to early like i saw early many people still have never even heard of them so the change the minds of jl lovers will be hard with a none mainstream brand...makes me respect soundsplinter and aa and other internet brands...they really are out to make a great product at an AFFORDABLE price...re are getting greddy...
Why are they jumping the gun to early? you've seen what happens to companies that stick to direct ordering, when their buisness takes off they can't support it (ED and acsendant for example).

You have no faith in the consumer, you think that people will just stick to brands "they've heard of", like they are all idiots who dont know what a better product is. When they see that RE makes a better woofer, why wouldnt they buy it?

Take hyundai and kia for example, the big US auto companies had a stonghold on the industry years ago, but when these companies started producing vehicles that last a whole lot longer, people dumped the ford and chevy names to buy foreign cars. Of course the american companies have upped their qualities to compete so this isnt a problem anymore.

I see RE going retail as being a good thing for the entire market. more competition = better products for us.

Good, strong points have been made to argue what eisenhower is saying, and I agree with them. To go mainstream with an SX being what, $500? It seems like a little too big of a step.
Isn't that the direct price? I was under the assumption the retail pricing was going to be much better than the direct price in order to get people to buy retail.

Most major car audio companies dont even have direct ordering.

The thing i dont support about them mainstreaming is that everyone will have the product and thats what i liked about RE..people would say wtf is RE they **** ive never heard of them then you put them in their place...now eeveryones gunna be like oh yea i know 3 million people with those...i hate having the same thing as alotta other people...makes me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif ...thats just me tho...or is it:eyebrow:

Isn't that the direct price? I was under the assumption the retail pricing was going to be much better than the direct price in order to get people to buy retail.Most major car audio companies dont even have direct ordering.
Ya need dealer to do **** like this plain and simple. They dont have a dealer within at least 3 hours of me. I'm not gonna drive that far to check em out and buy em. I'm not gonna pay for the gas and Im not gonna pay to ship em from a retailer that I have never heard of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.