I promise I've made up my mind this time!

1700 rms 3400 peak on a 2.75" coil? Gp doesn't list their mms but I'm assuming its a 4 layer?
i thought that too but peeps run do 1500 to 2.5" coils like mine all the time most just under rate i guess.. that said i'm sure that means 1700 before rise..

i thought that too but peeps run do 1500 to 2.5" coils like mine all the time most just under rate i guess.. that said i'm sure that means 1700 before rise..
How can a sub be rated 1700 before rise? What? Do you think the manufacturer really relies on a customer wiring to a certain impedance and rising to a certain impedance using an amp that they know will decrease it's power as the impedance rises to determine the subs rating?

How can a sub be rated 1700 before rise? What? Do you think the manufacturer really relies on a customer wiring to a certain impedance and rising to a certain impedance using an amp that they know will decrease it's power as the impedance rises to determine the subs rating?
no i'm saying a fu 750 rated at 750 can handle much more (guy here said he ran 1800 to his) where as the alphard maybe listing like a max rating, so i wouldn't try to run twice rated power (3k-3400) to 2.75" coil rated at 1700.. some of the other companies know peeps gonna run more than they rate at so they list 600-1k when u can run 1k-2k to them because they actually get less after rise., i guess alphard just list the really high rating other companies won't.. to be clear i'm saying they figure peeps don't know about rise so if they list 1700 most peeps may run 1k-2000 to it but only get around 1/2 that either way it's probably really lower than 1700 but most people don't know about rise so they think it's handling all that power..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.