I picked up a free Kenwood HU today!

Participant count
  • Participant list

twinkieC405
10+ year member

((d(-_-)b))
Well today i picked up a Kenwood KDC-516S HU (47x4) for FREE!!!!thats right.....a friend of mines dad buys cars at auctions and lets us have first dibs on parts so i took this HU off the car today and now its mine....muahaha. first off will this HU work in my car? ( i still need to buy a wiring harness for it though), i dont care if i have to give up using the 6 disc changer i like feeding the cd's in through the HU....now i'll have better Output for my system which i'll have to wire up to the HU since its not right now b/c i had a stock HU. but other than that i'm having a great week with the system in and a free HU.

btw.. its almost brand new (or at least looks like it is)

Well I poked around online for the stats on that H/U.

For a factory replacement, it will be OK (assuming your car takes a 1.0 din, as most in-dash 6cd changers are 2.0 din, I think)

If you are looking for serious tuning, look for a newer model. On the plus side, it's got the Stealth face. That means that when you turn off your car, it rotates to hide itself. RMS is 22x4, but don't expect it to get too loud and stay clean!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.