I need your opinion!

Participant count
  • Participant list

carshateme
10+ year member

Flint, Mi
Okay I got this Pontiac G6 now. Sound system it has now blows. I'm upgrading all of it. What I currently have now sitting around (3) sa 6.5cs (one was destroyed in the crash) a Saz-1500D, a SAX-100.4, (2) XS XP750 batteries, a 50ft roll of 1/0 gauge power wire, (2) SA-12 d2, a rockford 3.sixty.3 signal processor. What I need your opinion and ideas for: What are some good 6x9? Good OFC 16 or 12awg wiring for the speakers, some good 8" midbass speakers. Setup I'm going for is SQL. I may need to upgrade the factory radio, but need one that'll support the secondary diagnosis program; Tire pressure, oil level, miles traveled, gas range, gas average. (If you guys know any headunits that do this and that are red, I'd love to see them) I want products that are good, but not really pricey. Thank you for your opinions and ideas.

(My idea is having a 8" midbass with the sa6.5 midrange and tweeter in the front doors, with a good set of 6x9s in the back and the sa-12s facing cabin; sealed off)

Just so you know pontiac g6's blow for audio IMO (I have one).. Speaker wire try either knukonceptz or sky high tho. What is your budget for 6x9's. And just a so you know, upgrading the radio is expensive as s*** for no reason. The harness you need for a single din radio is approx $140 alone (unless you can find one cheap). Amazon has it for $138 I believe.

Yeah, but is there HU that support the software for the onboard diagnosis bullcrap (I don't know why they didn't put it on the dash). I got $800 to spend lol

Maybe a double din, I'm not sure. I just bought the harness because there's some pretty good single din radios if you're gonna go for sq.. And do you want coax 6x9s? Or just for mid range? Check out the digital design cxs 6x9 coax, they're $150 a set and they're pretty nice. They also have a voice optimized 6x9 (dd VO-M6x9) for better sq, and those are $79 a piece. I heard them in a challenger over the summer and they're pretty good for producing the midrange in a factory replacement application. They're rated at 150rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.