I need tunk install ideas

how should the next setup be

• Instal IB style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the box, buy a car trailer to pull my sh** with

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • try boxing and port through the rear deck.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • get two more subs and say **** it. with a trailer.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

subzero
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I will post pics of my current setup when I get home.

I have the Cavalier. I have two t5-12 soundstreams.

Well, I want my trunk back and still keep the same loudness.

Does anyone know if these subs do good in a IB setup? I thought about trying that method.

I also thought about putting the subs like IB, behind the seat and building a port trough the rear deck. Sealing up some walls. Square them up and have my amps behind them displayed through plexi. The airspace like that, boxed in would be around 11 cubes. That is 4 cubes more than recomendes for two subs. If you have sugestion please post. pics would be helpful also. I will add some pics. as soon as I can. Busy day. lots to do.

im not familiar with those subs but im assuming they are probably not built for ib. I would sell them and but a pair of subs that are ib. For example the idmax or idq? both are great examples of ib subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A perfect infinite baffle situation is basically a really large sealed box, a long time ago in my highschool a kid had 3 15" MTX Thunder 5000s in a IB setup in his Eagle Talon and that thing friggin BANGED, lots of rattle though. You don't want a port of any kind in an IB setup, in fact seal up your trunk as much as you can so the sound waves from the back of the sub won't get to the front. Loud IB setups usually have the subs mounted on the rear deck of a trunk car but to do so you'll need to cut the sheet metal then apply two sheets of 3/4" MDF as the speaker baffle.

I would still go with an enclosure with those subs but it's up to you.

If you want to go IB, buy some subs that are designed for it, preferably larger like a pair of 15's or 18's. Accoustic Elegence builds some IB specific drivers that are priced right and look pretty solid.

we all have to give up some things for the bump...you either want it or you dont...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

some nice headphones should do the trick
Your headphones are nice and they do tricks?... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

im not familiar with those subs but im assuming they are probably not built for ib. I would sell them and but a pair of subs that are ib. For example the idmax or idq? both are great examples of ib subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I don't think they are going to sell for much more than $150 for the pair. I have seen some online for $100 for a pair in a box. Peoples are getting strapped for cash and cutting losses for a litle extra cash.

A perfect infinite baffle situation is basically a really large sealed box, a long time ago in my highschool a kid had 3 15" MTX Thunder 5000s in a IB setup in his Eagle Talon and that thing friggin BANGED, lots of rattle though. You don't want a port of any kind in an IB setup, in fact seal up your trunk as much as you can so the sound waves from the back of the sub won't get to the front. Loud IB setups usually have the subs mounted on the rear deck of a trunk car but to do so you'll need to cut the sheet metal then apply two sheets of 3/4" MDF as the speaker baffle.
I would still go with an enclosure with those subs but it's up to you.
If I do decide to go IB, I will seal the shit out of it and use tons of deadner. The way these things sound now, geeze, I know I wont get that back with IB. This set up impresses me everytime I turn on the radio... The main reason for wanting IB is for room, the sound is amazing.

If you want to go IB, buy some subs that are designed for it, preferably larger like a pair of 15's or 18's. Accoustic Elegence builds some IB specific drivers that are priced right and look pretty solid.
The thought had crossed my mind to just do like Pioneer~Saturn... Get a different car and keep it simple.

spelling > you
IDGAF about your approval of my grammar here on teh interwebz

we all have to give up some things for the bump...you either want it or you dont...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Looks like I might give up having extra space and cash. I might buy another car. The new car will be for sq.

"Look in the tunk"
"I think he means trunk"

Anyone?

Oh and so I am not post dumping....rip out your back seat and expand your trunk, problem solved.
I thought about it...^

I did have some LOL today at the self serve carwash. I was hanging with a friend at the carwash. He bought a BMW 528i. So he came over to hang out. While I was showing him my soundz, the owner of teh carwash comes over and starts talking to me. I couldn’t hear a dam thing he was saying. I turned it down and he said customers are complaining that I am "breaking their windshields"... So, I was like ok. We left and were like WTF LOL. How the fuck am I breaking their windshield when mine is doing just fine... My **** is LOUD, but dam, holly exaggeration...

IMG0023900000.jpg

I put the black covers back on... BIG mistake.... the bass rattled the **** so much it stripped the screws...

IMG00240.jpg

Thanks!. I put some flex shield over the wires and ****. Pain in the ass. I need more though. Like I said, I want to put those amps on the sides of the trunk like where the second battery is. and put plexi over them to keep **** from flying in there. Then I am going to put a baffle behind the seats. Might build the box from that. To gain that extra space and should give me about 3 cubes more useable trunk space.

Yea, I sold that other amp for $80. I never could find it a twin. I picked these amps up for $150 each. and I got the comp set for 125. Screaming deal eh. Right now, I am trying to decide how I want the comp set installed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...