I need suggestions for a 2017 suburban

Participant count
  • Participant list

Abrahamx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Usa
I just got a 2017 suburban and now that I have some money I would like to get a nice stereo system going but I hear there is not much I can do because of all the stuff, such as blinker sound, the backup camera etc..., that runs through the head unit? I casually talked to one shop and they said there is not much they can do. Last time I was in the market for a sound system it was the early 2000's and a lot has changed. My question is what can I do as far as the whole system and still have all or most of the oem features work still? I'm not talking about going all out with some crazy system, just looking for some volume, sound quality, and some punch. Hoping some one familiar with the vehicles or knows of what other suburban owners have done will chime in, or just your opinion on what you would do with a 2017 suburban?

That's odd that there is no steering wheel control module for your vehicle. Contact crutchfield.com support, and ask them about the availability. Also, stop past Best Buy and ask the stereo install tech there about the module.

Have you considered just enhancing your system? Keep your head unit. swap factory speakers for better quality ones. Add an amplifier to power a subwoofer.

When I first started upgrading a factory stereo, I swapped out the speakers. Made a big difference in the sound. An additional amplifier and subwoofer came later.

I have and am considering just enhancing the system if that is the only option. I also was not aware of the OEM integration stuff either. I'll be looking into those in a minute. I'm glad I stopped by and asked. Thanks for the replies.

That's odd that there is no steering wheel control module for your vehicle. Contact crutchfield.com support, and ask them about the availability. Also, stop past Best Buy and ask the stereo install tech there about the module.

Have you considered just enhancing your system? Keep your head unit. swap factory speakers for better quality ones. Add an amplifier to power a subwoofer.

When I first started upgrading a factory stereo, I swapped out the speakers. Made a big difference in the sound. An additional amplifier and subwoofer came later.
if you mean volume and channel controll etc...it does have that. The controls are on the back side of the steering wheel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.