i need some serious help here helpp

lastman
10+ year member

florida
yes i just bought my car to get a amp and speakers install well when they were finished it sounded good only thing my car wouldnt start , they said you need some gas im like i just bought gas , i notice my fan is not running any more and my fuel injection is not putting out , my fan would run be fore i even start the car , now its not running at all. this is fan in front of radiator . i dont know what to do what are my rights as far as this is concerned , they had to push my car out the garage , i am very pissed , this has something to do with electrical , i was left there by myself when they closed , so i live like three towns away so i couldnt afford to tow so i un installed the wires offf amp and speakers and left the car there , i dont know what to do but i know im going to court , i need some advice my car started fine before , they are the ones who pulled it into garage but it never left garage running , the owner left before my installation was done , i dont know what to do , i want to f something up , **** it this really ticks me off , i am so upset my car is a 1990 but it ran fine ..hell i travel 48 miles to get it installed , what should i do ?

Don't let these losers push you around.

Was this a reputable shop? If they did things right, your car should have started when you came back. Check the battery and connections--see if there is a problem there. Also, uninstalling the wires was a bad move. You should leave everything as they left it and take pictures of what has been done to the car.

Threaten a claim if they don't fix whatever is wrong with the car. It's most likely something they did.

If this is an underground operation...then you're probably screwed. Always take your car to someone licensed and/or trusted.

okay

first of all gain a level head.......I know every now and then a shop will jack something up due to a new guy or a new installation ( to the shop). However, in my years of experience working at a shop.....both sales and installation. 8 times out of 10, there was something wrong with the car, weather it was a result of putting new strain on a car's electrical system, or something along those lines. I am by no means saying don't do anything about the situation. I am however saying don't go in there threatening court, because you probably won't get any help. Just go in with a level head, tell them the situation, don't be a door mat, be firm and they will be more apt to correct the prob. Think about it from their perspective....If a customer came into your store, a store you are proud of, and just started to yell threats and obscenities at you would you jump to help them......???????

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

well i went to shop he rumbles he has installed stereo and amps for 19 years hes 28 , so go figure but anyways they didnt help me out at all , so i got the car towed to a shop in my town cost 100.00 for the tow , the mechanic called me he said he finally found out the problem , my computer in my car went bad , he has to replace the computer , cost for that total 590.00 so im looking at 700.00 worth of repairs due to their fuc up , there s is no one whos is going to tell me this wasnt their fault , i read somewhere online to properly ground the car be fore installing amp cause this can cause computer failure , i wish i knew where i saw that so i can bring it to court with me, this really has brought me to the lowest part of trusting anyone with my car , from mechanics to installers , i dont know what to say anymore

the installers are in the yellow pages , they seemed honest i had to take the equipment out , i left the car there overnight and didnt want any thing stolen,i have only one choice to bring them to court

Get yourself a reputable source.

The idea that a car needs to be properly grounded before installing an amp is definitely relevant to your argument...however, an internet source may not be credible enough to help you out. My advice is to get another shop's opinion, even documentation from the manufacturer of the amp and/or speakers.

Internet pages run by some kid may not hold up in court, as the internet is notorious for misinformation and hearsay.

Best of luck! Hope you can get help.

Oh, and be careful about the age of your car. Find out how long computers in them usually last before crapping out.

Dave

the site where it says to always disconnect negative battery before installation iswww.sfxaudio.com/audioschool/installamp i think they are reputable , it says that on installation instructions , i notice alot of installers dont disconnect the negative from the battery , they figure there wont be a short anywhere , well they fked my car up, and ill be **** if i dont bring them to court , i filed a complaint with bbb , im building my case up , my computer wouldnt just fail it was due to the installation , how i dont know but i dont know if anybodys knows how it happen .

i had a similar prob... the comp in my car was fried after i had a stereo installed (4 yrs ago) ... reason being was they removed the ground connection on the battery (dont know why or how.. prob not tightened properly back on) while the car was running... this left alot of power with nowhere to go and my car didnt have (like most early 90's cars) a breaker and the comp fried...

first the radio cut out then dash lights no longer worked.. summary = car codes erased and elec screwed up... i was fortunate in that the co. who did the install were good about making the situation right..

since i have learned how to set up and install my own stuff... i feel better when its just me puttin my **** in and with all the money that i got in it i not into lettin my keys stray from sight with the car to ... well i learned a lesson of sort once before

anyways just thot bout my ordeal with these ****ed car comps and audio morons and thot i would reminisce..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If you look at installation instructions from kenwood or mtx, the first step is always disconnect the negative battery terminal. I install car audio for a living and i must say, i never do it. I have never had a problem with compters. The only thing i know of that can damage computers are using test lights and 9 volt batteries. If your car had to be hardwired(no factory harnesses) I would find out what theit methods for finding the wires are, they could have ran 9 volts in the wrong direction through a computer. I agree with some of the things in prior post, keep a level head, ripping the install out was bad. But your right get your sh*t taken care of.

your best source of proof is going to be the dealer GM FORD TOYOTA BMW or whoever made the car wil definitely be able to tell you exactly what knocked your comp out and the courts will most definitely trust the word of the dealer

AUDIOPHILE4LIFE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.