I need some help (mustang)

Participant count
  • Participant list

pitbull12887
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
waxhaw, NC
Well i drove to my buddies house friday night and the car was reunning fine. Came back out and proceeded to crank it up and go home and the temp guage was reading ay over high. But the hoses felt cool and all..... So i put in a new sending unit and bought a new temp guage. Still runs hot. I flushed the radiatior, took out the thermostat, and checked to make sure the water pump was pushing water out and it was. The car can be running at 210-230 and the water feels cold. No where near 210-230 degrees. Only thing im left with thinking is i blew a headgasket or somethin and the water is going elsewhere making the guage run hot but it not feel hot? Any ideasss????

95 mustang 302 v8 btw

Thanks

Oh yea the pulley for the water pump has a little play in it...not much at all. I dont think a little play would make it run hot unless it was really grinding? What about yall

screw it..im puttin my new engine in. Its a 86 block so i can just change everything from mine over right? I just have to get a fuel pump blockoff plate since the 86 has it on the motor and mine (95) is in the gas tank. Thats all right?

Thanks for the help

I would buy an electric water pump, if that fixes it you w ill make a little more power anyways, if not sell it and buy a twin turbo'd 5.4! only $10k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have a 94 5.0, possibly a head gasket, i just took my whole topend off, you can swap the motor over but you will have to use the 95 upper intake due to the intake "elbow" that the sn95's had, pretty stupid but you will see when you get into it, i have an 86 gt convertible as well and that shortblock in it is ****in awesome! all forged so you can throw boost/spray at it all day and it will take it and beg for more. have fun hope u solve your problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.