I need some advise

Participant count
  • Participant list

liftedcj7on44s
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
I am in the process of setting up a system in my 2003 Taurus(don't laugh). I want loud( as in the wipers gotta almost jump off the front winshield). The car does'nt really like bass but i solved that a few weeks ago as me and a friend dynamated from the roof to the rear bumper. Now what i have in mind for subs will be 2 IDMAX12's dual 4 ohm subs. I havent really picked out and amp yet so i am open to suggestions. I know i say i want loud but it will have to sound good as well which may be hard to do. My biggest question is, will the 2 ID's do what i want Properly amplified? Another problem that i seem to have which i thought the dynamat would have helped is when i have my back seats folded up i lose alot of volume from the subs. can anything be done to help that without having the seats down all the time?

Ok thanks for the suggestion. The box is going to be sealed so im gonna have to makes sure its right to get the output i want. Im not much of a ported box person myself.

I am in the process of setting up a system in my 2003 Taurus(don't laugh). I want loud( as in the wipers gotta almost jump off the front winshield). The car does'nt really like bass but i solved that a few weeks ago as me and a friend dynamated from the roof to the rear bumper. Now what i have in mind for subs will be 2 IDMAX12's dual 4 ohm subs. I havent really picked out and amp yet so i am open to suggestions. I know i say i want loud but it will have to sound good as well which may be hard to do. My biggest question is, will the 2 ID's do what i want Properly amplified? Another problem that i seem to have which i thought the dynamat would have helped is when i have my back seats folded up i lose alot of volume from the subs. can anything be done to help that without having the seats down all the time?
and you want to go sealed? OK?........just port it to 30hz and it will sound good

and will be a lot louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.