I need some advice on a setup, been out of the loop for a bit

SVTraptor
10+ year member

Hey guys. I'm selling my truck and getting a 2012 Dodge Charger. I'm wanting to get something louder than my truck setup which was a 10" Sundown SD-2 in a smaller than needed sealed box(I know tsk tsk, but I had no room to make it larger)

I'm looking to spend 400-600 and if absolutely necessary I can go 700 for the sub and amp. I don't really think I want 2 12's because of space and I don't think I need anything too loud, but I would want the loudest I can get with one 12 and that budget.

The only think I've been thinking was a new Type-R, I used to go with them back about 5 years ago, but I haven't heard one since that version, I was always more than happy with them. I don't really want anything that is arguably louder, but something that is undoubtedly louder I would be fine with going with.

I should be able to get whatever cu ft since it's just one sub. I'm up for any ideas. If I'm feeling friendly enough I may paypal or mail some one a gift //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks!

to be honest i had an avenger 2010 rt model and i had 2 incriminator audio 12s and a aq1200d amp in there and i still had plenty of room in there and it hit pretty hard. and for the price of the subs and amp i couldnt beat it the subs new from incriminator cost $378 shipped to my door and the amp was $269 plus shipping. no one around this area carries those brands is why i chose to go with them i refuse to buy the same old **** as everyone else in the area around here so just an fyi.

I don't have an amp yet, I will be looking for one also. I plan on getting some plans for a box and building my own. I enjoy building boxes. I used to sell them awhile back with my old account on here.

I don't have an amp yet, I will be looking for one also. I plan on getting some plans for a box and building my own. I enjoy building boxes. I used to sell them awhile back with my old account on here.
very cool , what was your old screen name ? i also build boxes every now and then ,usually local ,i make most of my cash as a vendor on the forums selling equipment

Is this a pretty good setup? I really don't know anything about American Bass subs? What compares to them? What out performs them at the price?

Vosschs. It's banned currently. I was about 19 when it got banned due to a guy paying me twice, me not knowing and spending it on my family. I felt so bad once I remembered it in 2011 or so and I was able to find him and paypal him the money.

very cool , what was your old screen name ? i also build boxes every now and then ,usually local ,i make most of my cash as a vendor on the forums selling equipment

[quote name='SVTraptor']Is this a pretty good setup? I really don't know anything about American Bass subs? What compares to them? What out performs them at the price?[/QUOTE]

pretty much nothing ,ask @Foulplay ; he had this in his car .he also clamped his amp at over 2200 rms .american bass is pretty good .as far as the xfl 12 for 195 each shipped ,i dont think you'll find a better sub that will take the power of the xfl in the same price range

Vosschs. It's banned currently. I was about 19 when it got banned due to a guy paying me twice, me not knowing and spending it on my family. I felt so bad once I remembered it in 2011 or so and I was able to find him and paypal him the money.
thats cool , wish there were more people on the forums like that ,but there isn't

The SSD will take the power just as well as the XFL while sounding better and its built in the USA. It can be had for $235 shipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.