I need help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

RainbowCamaro

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so I ordered 2 12'' Subwoofers from amazon, they arrive tomorrow, it's the "MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure" ones.

I want to run them both with my amp, how would I do that. I've only had 1 12 before. I was wondering if I could run them (obviously not at peak power or anything) with my amp. I am going to get a new amp if needed to run these things. Yes I know they might not bump to their max potential with my amp because it says 1,200 Watt. I also need help wiring these. How would I wire these? What I'm thinking about doing is just doing 2 pos wires and 2 neg, 1 in each sub and put them in the pos and neg terminals of the amp. It would be sending both of them 600 watts right? (Again, I know not to turn it up all the way because it will blow my amp from overheating it, or it will blow the subs from the distorted signal of the amp) I just need to get them working and I've not wired subs before like I said other than the one 12, its pos and negative thats it. 

This is in the "Highlights" section - 

• Power Handling: ( Max: 1200 watts total, Peak: 800 watts total, RMS: 400 watts total )
  • Internally wired to a 2-ohm final load
I feel like if I wired them the way I stated above something would happen to them, but then again I want to try it. I'm deciding not to be dumb and try it, but rather to ask someone. Thank you for all of your help in advance, Yes I'm stupid lmfao.

AMP: Alpine MRP-M650

Okay so I ordered 2 12'' Subwoofers from amazon, they arrive tomorrow, it's the "MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure" ones.

I want to run them both with my amp, how would I do that. I've only had 1 12 before. I was wondering if I could run them (obviously not at peak power or anything) with my amp. I am going to get a new amp if needed to run these things. Yes I know they might not bump to their max potential with my amp because it says 1,200 Watt. I also need help wiring these. How would I wire these? What I'm thinking about doing is just doing 2 pos wires and 2 neg, 1 in each sub and put them in the pos and neg terminals of the amp. It would be sending both of them 600 watts right? (Again, I know not to turn it up all the way because it will blow my amp from overheating it, or it will blow the subs from the distorted signal of the amp) I just need to get them working and I've not wired subs before like I said other than the one 12, its pos and negative thats it. 

This is in the "Highlights" section - 

• Power Handling: ( Max: 1200 watts total, Peak: 800 watts total, RMS: 400 watts total )
  • Internally wired to a 2-ohm final load
I feel like if I wired them the way I stated above something would happen to them, but then again I want to try it. I'm deciding not to be dumb and try it, but rather to ask someone. Thank you for all of your help in advance, Yes I'm stupid lmfao.

AMP: Alpine MRP-M650
Seems like they are already wired up from factory for a 2ohm load so all you need to do is hook the + - to the amp and your good to go. Set the gains right with some test tones and the head unit at 75% volume and your good to go. Assuming your amp is a mono 2ohm stable one, I didn’t find any info on a 650 but the 500 series would work. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.