I need help with port design for a Soundqubed sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm building a ported enclosure for a Soundqubed HDS312 subwoofer. This is going behind the seat of a single cab truck so it's obviously going to be a truck box design, my problem is figuring the port.

The enclosure built with 3/4 MDF

17" tall

34" wide

6" on the top

13" on the bottom

The sub is a D2 wired to 1ohm powered by a Rockford Fosgate 1200.1

I listen to a wide variety of musice but mostly old metal (Metallica) and some country

I don't want to use a tube for a port, I want to build it inside the box (see pic for example). My question is how big should the port be?

I finished the box and installed it earlier today to test it, I don't have an O scope so it took a while to get the amps adjusted but man this thing sounds pretty good! Once I knew that I wouldn't need to make any changes I pulled it out and I'm in the process of painting the box. Here's a look at how it turned out and how it fits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.