I need Help with first time system

Participant count
  • Participant list

bearlane

L.A.
I am going to be installing my own system for the first time, and I just wanted to make sure that what I use will be mostly hassle free. I know I am a new member, so I would like to thank anyone replying to this post. I have been reading the forums here lately, and now that I am going to get an audio system,(albeit cheap) I just wanted to become a part of the family. :p

Anyways,

here are the parts I am thinking of buying, please tell me if you think they will go well together:

Legacy LA1110BK amp (mono amp)

Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Pioneer TS-W304R 12-Inch Component Subwoofer with 1300 Watts Max Power

Subwoofer enclosure:

SINGLE 12" SUBWOOFER VENTED PORTED ENCLOSURE SUB BOX

1.65 cubic feet.

I just have one last question, I am going to be using a stock stereo, will that impose a large problem?

Thanks!

bearlane

I am going to be installing my own system for the first time, and I just wanted to make sure that what I use will be mostly hassle free. I know I am a new member, so I would like to thank anyone replying to this post. I have been reading the forums here lately, and now that I am going to get an audio system,(albeit cheap) I just wanted to become a part of the family. :p
Anyways,

here are the parts I am thinking of buying, please tell me if you think they will go well together:

Legacy LA1110BK amp (mono amp)

Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Pioneer TS-W304R 12-Inch Component Subwoofer with 1300 Watts Max Power

Subwoofer enclosure:

SINGLE 12" SUBWOOFER VENTED PORTED ENCLOSURE SUB BOX

1.65 cubic feet.

I just have one last question, I am going to be using a stock stereo, will that impose a large problem?

Thanks!

bearlane
That amp is garbage, I'm not trying to be rude at all I am being completely serious... All you need is 300 rms for that sub, a better quality amp is not all that pricey... Also, do yourself a favor & get a 4 gauge kit... Audiotechnix is having a blowout sale, you can get a 4 gauge kit from them for cheap - link = http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

As for a better suited amp for your application, I'd go with this... It's CEA-2006 compliant so it will do a rated 300 watts @ 4 ohms which is what you need - link = Amazon.com: MTX Audio TD500.1D TD Series Car Amplifier: Car Electronics

That box should do OK for that sub and since you are on a budget I'd say go for it... But I would definitely get a better amp such as the one I just linked you to, and get a 4 gauge amp wiring kit as well... Good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

so do you guys think the subwoofer is okay though?
It's not BAD but it's not great either. Better can be had in around the same price range. Also don't buy a prefab box unless you're going sealed. Ported will be louder but will require a custom box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.