large ring terminal for 4 awg wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm going to use a seat belt bolt to ground my amp, but the bolt is pretty large. Where could I get a ring terminal with a hole diameter about a 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch big? Would a spade terminal work?
I usually just buy a ring terminal and hold it with a pliars and drill the hole out as big as I need it to be.

I usually just buy a ring terminal and hold it with a pliars and drill the hole out as big as I need it to be.
Yeah I actually thought about that. Hopefully the rockford power kit I bought comes with ring terminals large enough to drill through and still have some metal left.

make sure the bolt your using doesnt swivel when tite. i used one of my back seat seat belt bolts If your got to either an Electronics shop or a electrical supply house or even auto parts place you can find all sioze rings you would need.

make sure the bolt your using doesnt swivel when tite. i used one of my back seat seat belt bolts If your got to either an Electronics shop or a electrical supply house or even auto parts place you can find all sioze rings you would need.
There's an advance auto parts store near me. I'll check them out.

There's an advance auto parts store near me. I'll check them out.
Home depot will probably carry something too. In the worst case you can get a lug for 4 ga wire bolt that to seat belt bolt then tighte3n as normal terminal. I have ring terminals for 14 ga that fit that bolt so 4 should be availbe. If you cant find one PM me ill through one in he mail to ya I have a ton of rings and lugs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.