I need help?!?! Wiring problem!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ghobbs48
10+ year member

I have 4 10" kicker solo baric subs that came out of a truck that my grand paw bought and there was also 2 Rockford fosgate 500m punch amps powering these subs. Both amps only have one channel and 3 of the subs are 4 ohm and one is 8 ohm. How do I wire this up. It sounded great before in the other truck but Its been so long since I unhooked them. The amp says 500 watts x 1 into 2 ohms. I'm not very good with all this stuff so I'm just confused. Someone please help me and ask me questions if u don't understand something. Thanks, Grady

Yea Iv been trying to look it up and they said it lowers the ohm resistance to 2.?? Something like that but I forgot. But they sounded great before and all four where working and a custom stereo place had hooked the stuff up in the truck before.

they just wired two in parallel to one amp, and the other two in parallel with the other amp.

the 8ohm sub just gets less power. in a common chamber box that means the 4 ohm sub(s) fights it. but it will still work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.