I need help please!!!!!

I have been going shop to shop and every where i go they tell me that i wont be a problem installing the Alpine In dash player with built in cd player but i finally went to a nation wide chain and they told me that there would be a problem installing it that the onstar system would shut down i told them it wouldnt be problem but they were still hesitant to install it and i would have to wait till feburary for them to install it.

If any help my car is a 2002 Caddy Escalade

Thanks for any help

ya the caddy does have a sucurity system but it shouldnt give you a problem

try any system that u personaly like and i don't know why it would be a problem for them to install your system with onstar. in my neiborhodd there are a couple of caddy's on dubbs with kick ass stereos with on*star i ndont see what the problem would be

Yeah I've heard that too. When a buddy of mine was getting his 2002 Tahoe hooked up they told him that they would have to disable the Onstar . I've seen a lot of GM vehicles with their systems installed and i'm sure all of them didn't sacrafice their Onstar. I think maybe the install is a little more difficult or mind boggling than some folks feel like dealing with at the time. Just my opinion!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what I have heard of some people doing is extending the factory harness and tucking the factory head away, still hooked up to keep there onstar capabilities.

hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.