Satelite Radio on Pioneer?

Mr Mufakka

I'm looking at getting Pioneer's DEH-7400 head unit and I'm interested in using the XM radio. Will I need any additional equipment to use XM? Does anyone use it and is it any good? Is Sirus (found on Kenwood) or XM (Pioneer and Sony) better than the other? Thanks!

you have to buy a few extra like the antenna and reciever modual, the antenna is about 100bucks and the reciever thing is about 200, its really good once you get used to it you will prolly stop listening to the radio or your cds

xm has better marketing right now: partly b/c sirius isn't quite yet available. Another thing about satelite radio is your subscription fee. XM is 9.95 a month vs sirius is going to be around 15.00 a month. But sirius is supposed to be commercial free where as xm only has 30 channels that are commercial free.

I have a pioneer xm hooked up so if you have any other questions let me know

hope this helps

One more question.

I'm looking at the Pioneer DEH-7400MP. To get the XM radio, do I need BOTH the Pioneer antenna and XM Tuner? Or just the tuner. It's not real clear on Pioneer's site. How is the reception?

yeah you need to have both the antenna that you will buy will just pick up the XM radio signals, pioneer headunits usually have pretty good radio reception, but a lot of that depends on your car and how good your antenna is

yes you have to have both the pioneer tuner and an antenna. it doesn't neccasarily have to be the pioneer terk also makes them. I prefer to install the terk window mount antenna. it is just like the old school cell antennas.

hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mr Mufakka

Mr Mufakka
Jax, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
cfurtick