I need help computer speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Those are some hefty big guys
I havent gotten my desk yet so I would need to see
They will shake your walls if you have a decent sound card. Treble detail is excellent and upper midrange is the only forward sounding mids i like. Usually upper mids from other speakers are either laidback or shouty and ear piercing, these are not laid back, they are right up front your face but non fatiguing and very pleasant, very hard to do in that range. Also these get pretty ******* loud. You can use them for house parties too. Multi use. These arent flat so not that good for audio mixing but amazing for actual music enjoyment. Those flat response oriented studio monitors dont sound fun at all. These are absolutely musical.

Ps they have a 5 inch version thats smaller too but you can expect less bass extension and overall output

Last edited:
They will shake your walls if you have a decent sound card. Treble detail is excellent and upper midrange is the only forward sounding mids i like. Usually upper mids from other speakers are either laidback or shouty and ear piercing, these are not laid back, they are right up front your face but non fatiguing and very pleasant, very hard to do in that range. Also these get pretty ******* loud. You can use them for house parties too. Multi use. These arent flat so not that good for audio mixing but amazing for actual music enjoyment. Those flat response oriented studio monitors dont sound fun at all. These are absolutely musical.

Ps they have a 5 inch version thats smaller too but you can expect less bass extension and overall output
Do you know which soundcard is good? And is there a huge difference having a aftermarket soundcard and just using the motherboard?

Tbh most of the newer motherboards have really good soundcards built in. So it all depends on the motherboard you have, if we have the specs for that then we would be able to tell you. I've run both in the past and have since gone to using the onboard audio as it wasn't an improvement over anything I was looking at unless I paid 100-200 dollars and even then eh.

Do you know which soundcard is good? And is there a huge difference having a aftermarket soundcard and just using the motherboard?

Tbh most of the newer motherboards have really good soundcards built in. So it all depends on the motherboard you have, if we have the specs for that then we would be able to tell you. I've run both in the past and have since gone to using the onboard audio as it wasn't an improvement over anything I was looking at unless I paid 100-200 dollars and even then eh.
This. Definitely depends on the type of mobo. If its a cookie cutter mobo from a store bought PC its most likely trash. If its a pc he built with a decent motherboard with decent audio specs, theres no need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.