I need help choosing the right amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jadyn123
10+ year member

Arizona
Soon I will be purchasing two 4 ohm, 12", SVC Kicker Competition series subwoofers. I dont have the money to purchase a mono amplifier so I am wanting to get a 2-channel amplifier off of amazon.com.

This is the amplifier I have been looking at

Crunch Ground Pounder GPV1000.2 1000 Maxx Watt Power A/B Class Two Channel Amplifier

Specs -

2 x 250 W at 4 Ohms, 2 x 500 W at 2 Ohms, 1 x 1000 W at 4 Ohms Maxx Power

Can I use this amp to get a sufficient amount of power for the subs to function well?

How would I wire them to do so?

Yeah, not a big fan of crunch amps, I understand the budget, but honeslt I speak from experience save your money wait it out a bit and get a quality amp, or you will end up not liking it a whole lot and have to buy a new amp and just have that old one. PERSONALLY if you want a decent amp and not spend an arm and a leg on it, I would get the Alpine Vpower amp m500 maybe.

Buy an Old school quality Zed Audio amp like an Autotek bts,or Mean,Hifonics Vii,Viii series for around 125-200 bucks and will out perform any amp within todays market bar nun for the price!!! They will beat the crap out of those subs alllll day long.There is a Hifonics Vii series Vulcan for 125 free shipping,and is 2ch, and bridgable to 2ohms mono!!!Should push out along the lines of 300 plus TRUE RMS at 13.5 plus v!!!! I highly recommend it!!!

I am kinda new on here myself, but i have a collection of amps/like 30 of old school amps that I am not using and need to get rid of. I dont know how to post on here yet,seems to be a bit complicated, but i have amps pretty reasonable and pretty clean that will be within your budget that will out perform that amp along with todays amps and the power they produce are out of this world for the size.I recommend getting the dual 4ohm and run in 2ohms mono great for everyday banging.Autotek BTS 7154, 44watts???Pushed a 1000rms RE 10 without any issues

I am kinda new on here myself, but i have a collection of amps/like 30 of old school amps that I am not using and need to get rid of. I dont know how to post on here yet,seems to be a bit complicated, but i have amps pretty reasonable and pretty clean that will be within your budget that will out perform that amp along with todays amps and the power they produce are out of this world for the size.I recommend getting the dual 4ohm and run in 2ohms mono great for everyday banging.Autotek BTS 7154, 44watts???Pushed a 1000rms RE 10 without any issues
Read the rules in the classifieds section to figure out how to sell here.

Most of those old Zed amps don't like 2 ohm stereo too much.

How about 2ohms mono/bridged?? 2 svc 4ohm should be alright for that ?????Dont know many people that are wanting to run stereo mode on subs these days,but 2ohms bridged for 2svc 4ohm subs should sound pretty good.????And i will read the rules and try to post some on here, I have been on e-bay for quite some time..audiobaun- 168* thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.