I need EVERYONE'S help with this.

sq what 4
10+ year member

no clue
Canton,il
I am doing a little research and I am looking for your opinions with these questions:

1. Do you compete? If NO why?

2. What would make it worth your time to start competing?

3. What would you like to see in a show? ie:show cars, manufacturers, contests.

4. If you werent competing would you attend and support a local show if you knew about it?

5. Any suggestions on how to increase interest in our hobby?

6. How much would you be willing to spend to enter a show?

7. Would a plaque, trophy, or peice of paper be better as an award?

You can either post here or PM me if you fell your idea will be flamed.

I am doing a little research and I am looking for your opinions with these questions: 

4. If you werent competing would you attend and support a local show if you knew about it?

You can either post here or PM me if you fell your idea will be flamed.
1. when comps come to town yes..

2. cash prizes. and not haveing to drive 4 hours to compete

3. show car's, fine girls, loud stereo's, and beer.

4. uhhhh yea. id enjoy running/ help with running a local comp.. sure

5. thats hard to say.. some people just love to do it.. some have done it. and got tierd and stopped...

6. no way more then 15.00

7.trophy.

no, costs to much to travel around

cash prizes

nude girls?

Yea, I do

More local shows with prizes that make it worth going to

Kinda depends on the show, lets say $20 for locals

Id prefer money but I guess a trophy

1. No, my system is not ready.

2. It's already worth it, just not ready

3. more girls //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, more show cars, and more sound offs (not alot sound offs in El Paso)

4. Yes, already do.

5. A magazine that'll relate mostly to car audio. all other magazines tallk about JDM stuff and

engines

6. no more than 25 but its gotta be a crazy one (food is expensive)

7. trophy and certificate.

Car audio is way too intangible for competition imo. When they try and make things tangible, it loses all relation to real-world systems.

We either have competing via SPL meters, where systems no longer even resemble a true car audio system, nor could the serious ones even play 'music'.

Or, we have SQ competition where it all boils down to judges opinions. We all saw how well trying to turn SQ into a tangible science worked out... nobody even requires a flat RTA reading any more do they? And everyone seems to agree a flat response sounds terrible. *shrug*

Hence, I will never compete.

1. Do you compete? If NO why?...Only locally, I would be shat on at huge shows.. and dont have the travel cash

2. What would make it worth your time to start competing? Full sponsorship, and money for my troubles

alotta cool cars and installs, free stuff

4. If you werent competing would you attend and support a local show if you knew about it? Yeah, i do it when i can, i have alot of friends that compete locally

5. Any suggestions on how to increase interest in our hobby? stop Flaming noobs, Televize the big comps

6. How much would you be willing to spend to enter a show? under $50, like $25.. i make $6/hr for god sakes

7. Would a plaque, trophy, or peice of paper be better as an award? Plaque, they hang on the wall and look stylish, not flimsy or gaudy and plastic, and money..lets say Entry fee+ $10

I think there should be individual car,truck,suv catagories.. then divided into 0-15 16-29 30-45 45-up.. comps are so mismatched around here

1. Do you compete? If NO why?...Only locally, I would be shat on at huge shows.. and dont have the travel cash
2. What would make it worth your time to start competing? Full sponsorship, and money for my troubles

alotta cool cars and installs, free stuff

4. If you werent competing would you attend and support a local show if you knew about it? Yeah, i do it when i can, i have alot of friends that compete locally

5. Any suggestions on how to increase interest in our hobby? stop Flaming noobs, Televize the big comps

6. How much would you be willing to spend to enter a show? under $50, like $25.. i make $6/hr for god sakes

7. Would a plaque, trophy, or peice of paper be better as an award? Plaque, they hang on the wall and look stylish, not flimsy or gaudy and plastic, and money..lets say Entry fee+ $10

I agree with most of those, but with #7 I guess many here are too young to remember that manufacturers used to give out a lot of product to winners of these competitions.

That would probably be worth more than some stupid plaque, or small cash prize, and costs the competition next to nothing.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yeah man I agree fully! like even an Amp Kit or 0/1 ANL fuse would rock... a Kinetik or similar batt, or anything... amps/subs.. it could be put to use or sold to help someone else out ..thats money to upgrade ur setup

I would take anything(quality) honestly.. 4ga wire, tweets..even Batt terminals

1. No. I built my system for me.

2. More SQ, but even that's unlikely to get me to compete

3. show cars that arn't all that "showey" something most could afford/build with some practice/tips

4. Yes if the venue was nice

5. get away from the stereotype of "punk kid who listens to gangster rap with super loud bass" I dunno how to do that though.

6. Up to $25

7. Plaque, but i don't plan to compete

No. Time, money, and effort mainly. I also have a system for my enjoyment and I'm not really worried about how I rank against others; I'm really just not a competitive person in general.

A ton of free equipment, a nice shop to work in, and a spare car to compete with.

Manufacturer booths with stuff to demo and wet t-shirt contests.

4. If you weren't competing would you attend and support a local show if you knew about it?

If it was free and I had time, yes.

Shoot all the people who like to piss people off with their audio stuff.

$1

Neither? How about free equipment?

Hold on...I know I'll probably get shot down for asking this...but what exactly is a competition in car audio? Who's car can go loudest? Who can set up a system the fastest? I've never heard of this before...

1. Yes

2. already do

3. contests?

4. I try to

5. cheaper enty fees, celebrities maybe

6. whatever it takes or like $20 a day foe the multi day shows

7. either are nice, I got a gift card to a hot dog place that was pretty sweet

Hold on...I know I'll probably get shot down for asking this...but what exactly is a competition in car audio? Who's car can go loudest? Who can set up a system the fastest? I've never heard of this before...
Pretty much the former, haha. There are different ways to compete. One is SPL (sound pressure level)...essentially loudest car in its class wins. Loudness can be measured with a mic. Another is in SQ (sound quality). Judges listen to the system and select which one they feel is the best. But this is very subjective.

Car audio is way too intangible for competition imo. When they try and make things tangible, it loses all relation to real-world systems.

We either have competing via SPL meters, where systems no longer even resemble a true car audio system, nor could the serious ones even play 'music'.

Or, we have SQ competition where it all boils down to judges opinions. We all saw how well trying to turn SQ into a tangible science worked out... nobody even requires a flat RTA reading any more do they? And everyone seems to agree a flat response sounds terrible. *shrug*

Hence, I will never compete.
I agree. I might enter for fun though, but you're right.

NO. Ive always felt I wasnt loud enough, afraid I would get flamed.

Chance for free audio equipment. Even if it was something small, door prizes?

Yeah, show cars, would like to see more audio based rides in local car shows actually. Manufacturers would be cool so you could see/hear more products that you might not get to normally.

Try too. But I live in hickville and there isnt really much around.

Car audio gets a bad rep because of a few bad apples, we all know who that is. Some people may never dwell on aftermarket car audio because they dont realize car audio can sound good and isnt always about shaking windows in a residential area at 10 p.m.

Wouldnt spend over $20

I would enjoy a trophy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.