I need every single persons help on this forum with audio pictures

o. l. t.
10+ year member

The Audio Whisperer
Early 90's
A lot of us have been in this 20 years or better. We've seen some great history come and go, good memories, good friends, and good equipment that has became the stuff of legends.

As I look around the internet we have very little pics of old school events and equipment. I don't mean one thread on old school amps. I want you to think bigger. I want to build and categorize the history of car audio from 1980 to 2000, the golden years.

PLEASE if you have pictures or equipment that you can take good clear detailed pics of from every angle you can, or you just know where some are, send them to me. I will make the proper credits disclaimer for them.

I do not want our rich history of the golden years of Car Audio to fade any more than they have before we get too far gone to preserve our history.

Car Audio & Electronics Magazine is DEAD. Auto Sound & Security Magazine is DEAD. WE have lost so much.

1980 to 2000 pictures please.

If it involves car audio, I want it. anything that installs in a car, events, shows, trucks, cars, whatever as long as it is car audio related.

This project is expected to take at least 10 months to become a functioning site (it's gonna be BIG and detailed) and feature a complete database of specs for anything I have a picture for.

I ask of you, if you love car audio, not to overlook this thread. Contribute to it with pics and any info you have of anything in the requested timeline.

Spec lists, if you have LARGE database lists of models and specs for multiple manufacturers like a master catalog list, this is useful too.

This site is not going to have forums, or stores, or even a chat box. it's gonna be a museum. All gallery, nothing else. It is going to be epic, I promise you this. I do this as an enthusiast. I do this for my 20 year love for car audio. I will pay for this site out of pocket. I just want to get these pics and any info as soon as possible so we don't lose any more history than we already have.

please send pics to: audiopics@gmail.com

Collectors especially, PLEASE contribute with your equipment.

Do a google search for L.A. Sound, Volcano, Atomik, Fultron, Targa, and hundreds of other brands we know existed in the 90's that there is NO information or pictures for. It is 2010 and we are 30 years out from the beginning of our golden years of car audio. We have to preserve it now.

Please don't overlook this thread, help me and we'll build a picture database all the way from the great PPI and MB Quart dominance of the early 90's down to the La Sound electronic crossover that so many had, but nobody has ever heard of if they didn't own it.

Screenshot2010-02-23at31925PM.png

I mean everything folks. Any shows you went to, anything you had in the closet. Help me out here and you'll be rewarded with a place to look to see anything you ever wanted in the golden age of car audio.

Please, and thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree. A LOT has been lost in the wind. Also, along with sending pics to the above, feel free to post in the album/gallery section. We plan on doing a major revamp soon, but right now it will serve the purpose. Pics can also be rated and commented...

I literally have tons of good pics of old sk00l equipment and rare items. But they're stuck back in the united states //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Did that at the same time.

Thanks all, and spread the word. I did a search for Volcano today and nothing related came back. Looked for some Targa and nothing was to be found. Tried my hand a RODEK of all things, and was stunned at nearly nothing returned on RODEK! We are walking a line at 30 years out of the start of the boom to where we are going to lose everything if we do not preserve it now.

I had a carver amplifier in the mid 90's that was silver, looked like a huge long brick and had carver in pink and blue on the face. I've spent 5 years looking for that model and a picture. We could have just snapped our fingers and had it if this site was already up. Another one is a silver Profile amp circa 93 with profile in red and had white sides, long before california profile. Can't find a single reference to it. So many things have been lost.

i have an old school rf amp

it's the 2.6x 150 watt

it is red and silver

are these the types of things that you want pics of because i can take some and send it to you

also if you want pics let me know what all you want pics of the eboard and the insides

Requirements are in the OP. These are the golden years. Anything after that most old school guys don't care to remember. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Think big, got an old stinker roadkill ad? Got an old lighting audio ad?

That guy has the right idea, for sure. "Museum" may be a strong word for someone with only 45 pictures, but he is aiming in the direction I like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.