COMPLETED i need broken amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pioneer GM-X334 with a blown LF channel and a Sont XPLOD XM-ZR1852 with the age old Sony reverb circuit of death syndrome... Give me $30 and shipping from Mt Pleasant PA for both. I am an electronic shop, parts wise you'll make out like a bandit....

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpeg
    IMG_2480.jpeg
    814.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    876.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    662.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2484.jpeg
    IMG_2484.jpeg
    712.2 KB · Views: 26
I got an 85ish Alpine amp bridgeable 2ch/ 50w rms? the remote turn on works sporadically. Im not sure if its the wire, the connector or internal. Amp is clean and not beat to hell. I think it will ship in a USPS $18 flat rate box

I got an 85ish Alpine amp bridgeable 2ch/ 50w rms? the remote turn on works sporadically. Im not sure if its the wire, the connector or internal. Amp is clean and not beat to hell. I think it will ship in a USPS $18 flat rate box
PM me on this. Thanks

Are you servicing them? Will I get it back? HiFONIKS HiF1000D Mono Block
Having also done a ton of amp repair in the past, I will say, and I mean it in the nicest way possible, that HFi1000D amp is not worth what the parts / labor / shipping will cost to fix it. Best bet with amps like that, list for sale locally as Parts / Needs Repair / Blown (or ebay) and hope someone wants a project to tinker with, recoup $20-$30 if you can, and buy a new cheap amp. Which won't cost all that much more than having that one repaired, and at least you have warranty with the new cheap one.

Nearly any time I quoted the repair on similar amps, no one wanted to spend the money to fix them, and I was even dirt cheap compared to the online amp repair places. I would suggest looking at craigslist / marketplace for people local to you that work on amps and see if you can find someone cheap near you to do it and you can drop it off in person. I remember plenty of the "forum amp repair guys" vanishing with peoples amps 10-15 years ago, so always a risk of not getting your amp back when mailing it to random people for repair.

Best bet with amps like that, list for sale locally as Parts / Needs Repair / Blown (or ebay) and hope someone wants a project to tinker with, recoup $20-$30 if you can, and buy a new cheap amp.
Damm so this is a cheap amp? Dont tell me that =/ am i better off putting my vpower alpine 1000? I was having high hopes with HiFoniks.

Damm so this is a cheap amp? Dont tell me that =/ am i better off putting my vpower alpine 1000? I was having high hopes with HiFoniks.
That Alpine is more reliable and a better quality made amplifier and will do closer to real RMS power and a hell of alot cleaner

That amp new was somewhere around $150 (roughly), and the Hifonics brand hasn’t been quality stuff since the 1990’s. I’ve used plenty of cheap bargain brand amps / subs, so I’m not even trying to trash the brand, but when it's blown and is a cheaper model, repairing gets questionable.

I look at it like this, even if you were charged $40 to repair it, which I suspect most will charge more than that, shipping is going to be $30-$40 total, so $70 - $80 and I'd just buy a new cheap 1000w at that point.

If you could find someone local that would do it for $40 total it might be worth it.

As I said though, selling it blown might be an option to recoup some kind of money, won't be a lot, but people like to repair stuff.

Alpine is a better amp for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...